Sunroof Rattle

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
speedsterz

I've got a rattle coming from the sunroof and wonder if anyone else has experienced this and how they fixed it. I'm not referring to the clunking noise many have reported...this noise in particular seems to be coming from an aluminum bar that sits in the sunroof area. The small piece of aluminum rattles and becomes louder when going over uneven roads or highway speeds. Other than this and a bad amp, I've loved this car so far...

Thanks!!
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
Northernstar

bring it back to the shop, mine is working fine up to now (knock on wood)
speedsterz

wow....when I joined this board in 2010 it was buzzing....you can almost hear the crickets now...Northern thanks for the recommendation, I guess that's going to have to be the next step...I figure there's always Dynamat as well
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
NiteRider

speedsterz wrote:wow....when I joined this board in 2010 it was buzzing....you can almost hear the crickets now...
But you've only posted 27 times in 2 years :?
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Moto
Site Admin

speedsterz wrote:wow....when I joined this board in 2010 it was buzzing....you can almost hear the crickets now...
It has been up and down lately. Overall our traffic stays about the same, but I have noticed a decline in really enthusiastic owners. It may have more to do with the current trouble Suzuki seems to be having. As far as I can tell this site is virtually unopposed in terms of competing forums.

If Suzuki would sell more cars I'm sure there would be a lot more after market parts, but right now there isn't a lot to talk about. When the warranties start running out I have a feeling new crop of members will arrive seeking help maintaining their own cars.
cylia

I have the same problem. When ever it goes on bumpy roads, or when the music bass is loud, it will start to rattle. I've brought it into two different dealers, and they can't seem to produce the same thing, so they didn't fix it. To fix that problem, I have to shove a cloth up into the gap to make it stop rattling. I'm about to take it into the shop again for an oil change as well as a check up on it.