AM radio sound fluctuates

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
bingatiger

Hi,

I have 2010 Kizashi and I have noticed that while I am listening to the radio, the AM channel sound fluctuates as i am driving. Sometimes I can hear the radio and then the sound dims and then after sometime I can hear it again, FM is fine

has anyone experienced the same issue
bingatiger

too quick to post - then looked under FAQ....should have done the other way around

The Radio Volume jumps while driving.

This is a common problem with the GTS and SLS Kizashi. Both of which have the Rockford Fosgate(RF) system equipped. Both 2010 and 2011 unfortunately!
First things first.
Make sure your AVC on the Radio is turned off. AVC stands for Auto Volume Control. Esentially this allows the radio to adjust the volume in accordance with the speed you are traveling. High speeds create loader road noise so the radio compensates. Make sure this is off.

Now that you just read that and said to yourself "I ALREADY DID!!!"
Lets be forward about things. Just about every Kizashi with the RF Stereo suffers from this problem. There are MANY threads in the forums discussing this.
Pretty much it comes down to this. You NEED to take your vehicle to the dealer and complain about it. Its usually not too hard to replicate as it can happen a lot! Complain and ask them to check for a TSB(Technical Service Bulletin) on the subject. Because some owners have stated that their dealership had found a TSB for the Amp. Others have not.

The problem appears to be the Amp. It needs to be replaced. 99% of the time the Amp fixes the problem. Insist heavily that this be done.

You may also wish to refer them to this site if they don't believe you or state that they have not heard of such an issue or that none exist.

Go ahead and look around the forums for help and post your experience. Here are a few threads about the issue.
bingatiger

Gave the car to Suzuki dealer, had told him about the problems with the AM radio.

They said, ok we will fix it.

Car came back from servicing and the AM sound fluctuation still exists and they told me because your kenwood system is newer and AM is old analogue, this is common problem. :o

I said him mate I just don't accept that but they said thats the case and there is nothing they can do about it as they could not find any TSB with Suzuki. They said we have removed the wires of the system and cleaned them and that the most we can do. WT* !! :cry:

I had some clung noise while driving the car while cold and that too is not resolved. Don't know what did I pay $500 for. :oops: :?:

So not happy with their service or the lack of it.

anyone from Suzuki listening....oh they must be busy driving their Jags isn't it :lol:
~tc~

Who the heck listens to AM?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
murcod

Bingatiger....

Hardly the point though, if the vehicles has that feature then it should work properly. ;)
David
bingatiger

yes correct, I do listen to AM and it should work.....but the reply from the suzuki dealer was unacceptable ....... because your unit is new and AM is analogue, it will not work !! WT* :oops:

I have a kenwood GPS factory fitted by Suzuki from the factory

Does anyone has TSB for this that I can show them ??
bingatiger

Hi All,

The Suzuki dealers are asking for TSB for the problem with the AM.

Does anyone have the TSB ???
bingatiger wrote:yes correct, I do listen to AM and it should work.....but the reply from the suzuki dealer was unacceptable ....... because your unit is new and AM is analogue, it will not work !! WT* :oops:

I have a kenwood GPS factory fitted by Suzuki from the factory

Does anyone has TSB for this that I can show them ??
bingatiger

The dealer changed the unit and replaced with the same model but it has not helped.

The radio still fluctuates as I drive and dealer told me that you should expect that with AM.... :roll:
murcod

I just noticed you're in Australia (from another post). Do you have the optional Kenwood DNX7360 GPS unit?
David
murcod

bingatiger wrote: Car came back from servicing and the AM sound fluctuation still exists and they told me because your kenwood system is newer and AM is old analogue, this is common problem. :o
You might want to remind them that FM radio transmissions are analogue too! :lol:

I tried mine out briefly on AM on the weekend (Kenwood NAV) and didn't notice any sound related problems- apart from the usual poor quality of AM broadcast! I drove a stretch of road where I know the FM can be a bit patchy.
David