Hard Start***

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
sunergo7

i do have an issue with my GTS AWD Kizashi :( in the first 500 miles of my kizashi. I had a hard start problem. I tried to make it start 3 times until it worked.. I went to the suzuki service center( New Hyde Park, New York) and had it checked up. They said, it was fixed and it won't happen again. But it did happen again just today 04-28-10. One click to start but seems like it's not getting in, more like the car is choking, probably about 3-5 sec. before it finally started. I don't think the issue is the cold weather, don't you think? Kizashi is even built for the "snow". Hopefully they would fix this. Plan to go to the service center again..

Can we report this issue to the Suzuki management or something? 8-)
kckizashi30

I know we are in July. I purchased my Kizashi 2 weeks ago. the 3rd day of driving it I had the same issue. I blamed it on the fact that I spent so much time in the car programing the stero and nav. Did the dealer give you any clue on what may have caused the issue?
babacu

I experienced it a couple of times, too. I wasn't sure how long the start button was supposed to be kept pressed, so I was trying different things. Pressing it quickly (and letting go before the engine started) seemed to have caused it. It did not happen all the time, though (I had mostly good starts with that approach). However, I haven't seen the problem since I started keeping the button pressed until the engine is running (it's a month later now).

It might very well be a coincidence (depending on how the starter mechanism is implemented), but try that and see if it makes a difference.
TheHolyGhost

I've always just push it and let the car crank, it doesn't seem to need to be held until the car starts.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

Same here, I push it and let go, the car does the rest.
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-