Volume fix on the SLS audio system

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Hawkzilla

For all that have been noticing that the volume will suddenly jump up or down while driving in your SLS... do NOT take it to the dealer yet. Go into your sound settings and turn the AVC (Auto Volume Control) to OFF. After reading the manual I found that this feature is suppose to adjust the volume to compensate for road noise, but unfortunately it does not do a very good job.

Anyway, since I turned it off I have had no issues, so I wanted to share since I saw some owners actually took their cars in to the dealer (which I was about to do as well).

Hope this helps!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Moto
Site Admin

I think KBB also mentioned this fix, but I don't remember

sloopercat

Mine was set on 3, after trurning down to 1 I still get some volume help as the car gets noisier, but it no longer surges.
Hawkzilla

sloopercat wrote:Mine was set on 3, after trurning down to 1 I still get some volume help as the car gets noisier, but it no longer surges.
I would turn it all the way to OFF. It doesn't enhance the sound at all and it doesn't work very well. I turned mine to OFF and now I can crank it up to 22 and set my base, treb, etc knowing it's not going to "jump" a level and blow my ear drums.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
DRADIS

Actually, that was the first thing I checked and I still had significant audio surges even with AVC off. My weird amp issues involved volume surges and high pitched sounds that would happen even when the car was off. The problem was that it was very random, so when I had the dealer check it out, they could not reproduce the issue and they did not find anything while testing circuits.

The amp finally failed a bit more and began making a significant thump and pop when the car was turned on or off. Since this issue could be reproduced in front of the dealer, I had them check it out again. This time they found that the external amp did have issues and replaced it. Now my audio system sounds great and works as it should.

If turning off AVC does not fix your issue, make sure to have your dealer look in to it. I was patient with my dealer and they did come through for me in the end.
Shaneous

Hi All
I'd just like to reinforce the fact the AVC function is not an issue as such, it's a feature. You have full control over if you have this on or off. There is indeed however a legit issue around volume fluctionations not only in the US but down here in Australia as well, as mentioned in other topics, which seems to occur regardless of AVC being activated or not.

Cheers
quickzilverfox

Also had the volume jump with all media types and the AVC off...replacement amp (verified faulty) fixed it. No problems with the new amp (other than a possible blown sub!).
2010 Azure Gray Metallic AWD Kizashi SLS