Powered passenger seat broke!!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
metatrox

So let me start with the story, LOL!

So my wife took the car to the car wash. She then started to vacuum the car out. She moved the passenger seat to the full forward position so she could vacuum behind and under the seat. Next she went to move the seat back and it would t move. So she looked under the seat to find a Powerade bottle stuck underneath. So she pulled it out. Well unfortunately she pulled some part off when she did it. It appears to be some sort of shaft or something. So now the seat won't move and is stuck in the full forward position!

Took the car to the dealership yesterday to have them fix the driver side windshield wiper that broke. Had them check out the seat also, well the car is out of warranty for bumper to bumper. So I told them to check it out and price it for me.

About 30 mins later the guy comes out and tells me "I have bad news!" The part is not repairable and to replace the part you have to get the entire bottom assembly. Well for the low low price of $3562!! They can order the part. Not including any labor!

So needless to say imma try and check it out myself but was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to get a salvage car part?
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Moto
Site Admin

I was going to say that has to be total bull shit, but I wasn't able to find anything about the seats in the sections of the service manual that were floating around on here before.

After thinking about it thought you could have a major PITA on your hands. There are probably 4 bolts that hold the seat frame in place. Most of the time you need to be able to move the seat back and forth to remove those bolts to get the assembly out.

If you can pull the seat out by some miracle just take the whole thing into an independent shop. (maybe even a tech school if you happen to have one in your town) I find it unlikely that the seats are really that complicated. Not repairable... If it can be put together it is repairable, but may take a little farmer engineering to get it done.