2013 Integrated NAVI Unit Question

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
krellmk

Fjroman... for me the the sound is lifeless without sub.
jcorcione

So was there any resolution for this? I am wanting sat radio and RF Sub and Amp system myself. AND Have the same situation. And finding our there is no direct connect sat module for the garmin head unit. and i don't want to spend another 400-600 dollars US to replace the head unit
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
smsmart

fjroman2 wrote:I have since called my dealer and Suzuki America Customer Service. They are both looking into it...my salesman has decided that Suzuki changed the 2013 and never told anyone, not the dealers, not the customer service, no one. He is a new salesman, in his training, he was instructed that they still had the RF Stereo, and all components. He spoke to a mechanic and they told him they are finding out that they have a Harmony stereo, no Sub, no Amp...WTH!!!

He is working to see what he can do for me, but I am not expecting much...this is very dissapointing.
Honestly, I don't know if you guys want to go to all the trouble to get an RF system with the Navi unit. I have the RF system with the previously installed Kenwood GPS headunit, and let me tell you...the sound does not blow me away at all. Sounds nothing like it did in the tester I drove that had the RF headunit w/o navi.

My understanding is that the way they wired the Navi unit to the RF amp does not let the sub run the way it should, and so bass response is rather lacking. Might as well just not have the sub in the first place, because most of the bass ends up going through the front speakers instead.
fjroman2

I didn't get any resolution. The dealer I dealt with has told me over and over that they would make it right and they have ignored me for the last 2 months. Don't get me wrong...the system in the car sounds good as is. It just lacks the base I expected when I bought the car and the lack of Sat Radio directly in the head unit is a huge dissapointment. I wish I had better news...but I have kinda given up (which is what I am sure they wanted). Had I bought the car from my local dealer (they didn't have any available), instead of a dealer 2.5 hours away I would be much more in their faces about this.
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)