2012 Kizashi SE AWD - is it pre-wired for Sub-woofer?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
FmrLCpl

Hi,

Does anyone know if the 2012 Kiz SE ASW is pre-wired for the sub?
Is there an easy check to find out whether it is pre-wired or not?

I plan to install an aftermarket kenwood navi, if it is pre-wired, I would want to install the sub at the same time.

Thanks
2012 Kizashi SE AWD (purchased Dec 2012)
Blue Ext, Beige Int.
murcod

I've got the wiring in mine (Australian Touring model) where the subwoofer goes under the parcel shelf. But the speaker hole has been spot welded over and there would also be the amplifier missing- which is located behind the boot carpet somewhere (I believe?)
David
KuroNekko

You can see if the wiring is running to the back by looking at the top of the trunk, inside the trunk. The subwoofer is connected via a connector there so the wiring would run up to it. I have no idea if the SE has the wiring or not. I know that some base model vehicles have the wiring, but just not the speakers. This was the set up for a 2007 Honda Accord I've driven. It allowed someone to simply buy speakers and connect them to the existing wiring via the connectors.
I have also heard that the non RF models have a plate welded where the RF models have the subwoofer. You should check that as well.

Also, the amp is located on the side of the trunk, behind the lining on the passenger side (US spec).
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Here's plenty of info on the RF equipped Kizashi's http://www.scosche.com/media/guides/SI191.pdf
David