Front turn signal dual filement why?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
11zukizashi

Does anyone know why the front hazard/turn signal bulbs are dual filament? I am talking about the amber ones inside the headlight. I have tried every combination of hazard headlight and turn signal and only the bottom filament is used at any time... Could the car be smart enough to switch over to the other filament if one were to burn out?
KuroNekko

Those are 2357A bulbs. The A stands for Amber. They also come in clear.

My guess is that it's dual filament because the amber bulb is a variant of a clear bulb intended for use as a tail light as well. Our tail light is a 1157 bulb.
Based on my research, the 2357 has a higher wattage than the 1157 and therefore is brighter. They look to be similarly shaped and some people have used the 2357 instead of the 1157 for brighter brake lights.

My guess is that Suzuki chose to use the 2357's higher performance for the turn signal instead of the 1157.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

I replaced mine with single filament Osram Diadem's and didn't notice the old bulbs were dual filament?
David