central locking

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
neerajsharma

I have recently bought Kazashi automatic version and it seems automatic centrol locking (when a certain speed is attained) does not work. I am not sure if this is a standard feature in Kazashi. Although I have SX4 as well from Suzuki which is not part of the top league but still have automatic central locking as standard feature. Please confirm if Kazashi also comes with automatic central locking and if not how can I activate the same in Kazashi. Thanks.
murcod

Unless there has recently been updates that option is not on the Kizashi.
David
neerajsharma

Thanks David. This is a 2011 import from Japan. I bought it in India in Dec last year(2012). Is there a way to activate central locking in Kazashi ??? Appreciate your quick response.
KuroNekko

neeraj,

I am quite sure that the Kizashi does not have an automatic door locking feature. I recall watching a video review on the car and the reviewer mentioned that the car did not have it. According to the reviewer, Suzuki claimed it was for safety reasons, whatever that may be.

I do not think it's a matter of turning it on or off. I believe the Kizashi simply does not offer it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
neerajsharma

Thanks Kuro. Appreciate your prompt response. For lazy bum like me I will have to figure a way out to get central locking installed seperately from Nippon.
IshaanIan

Me and a another Kiz owner I found on a forum in India, have been speaking to the Maruti Suzuki guys and after they had a few talks with the people in Japan, they said they can enable the feature with a simple programming of some code into the key fob or something like that. They will be setting up a conference call between their techs and the ones in Japan to do this at the regional office and said I can bring in my car anytime because it would just take an hour.
Told them I'd do it once school's done and my Summer holidays begin which is in another week or so. Don't mind keeping you guys updated :P
KuroNekko

Seems like quite the hassle compared to just getting into the habit of locking the doors with a touch of one button when you start driving and unlocking when you get out.

I regularly drive my car into some of the worst neighborhoods in Washington, DC so locking the doors with the button has become somewhat of a habit for me.

Some cars, like the Ford Fusion, have the ability to select via the instrument panel display whether you want the car to auto-lock the doors or not.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
neerajsharma

Thanks Ishaan. Do keep us posted on how your conversation goes with folks back in Suzuki. Hope this all works out. I am based out of Gurgaon and take my car to the factory if needed.
murcod

Yes, I'm interested too. I've become accustomed to to auto locking/ unlocking doors and sometimes forget to lock them when driving the Kizashi.
David
mahash

India Kizashi owners - Neeraj/Ishaan - dudes i would be thankful if you guys can let me know about all the upgrades you might have got done into the Kizashi.

World Kizashi owners: do you have any source that can tell what additional fitments without malling.cutting etc. you may have got done?

I am very keen to know about how you may have achieved bluetooth integration and Navigation.

I have freinds and family in the US and we frequent between US/India so if you have stumbled over anything in the US that might fit in the Kizashi here, i can get it (for you too).