CVT Problem

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
RickM

I have a 2010 Kizashi GTS, azure grey with almost 36k on it, build date of 4/10. Last year coming back from the beach on a very hot day, several times while pulling out from a stop with the transmission in normal D, my car moved very slow while I tried to accelerate. My RPMs went up but the tranny was just not catching up to it for about 100 feet or so. I thought that maybe the heat had something to do with it and it only happened about 3 times and then stopped. I tried putting into manual shift mood and turned on the AWD, but this did not help. The car has not done it again until about a week ago. On a cool 51 degree PA morning on my commute to work, pulling from a red light it did it again. Then again when I left work at 4pm. Had it to the garage yesterday and they said everything was fine, the software is up to date and they could not get it to do it. I thought that would be the end of it, it was not. Again this morning at the same red light off of the beltway it would not accelerate again! Has anyone else had or have this reoccurring problem? Solutions? Thanks
2010 Azure Grey Kizashi GTS, Northeast PA
Juan

could it be TPs acting up??? there is no cable anymore on the gas pedal - just a sensor.
Ronzuki

The OP stated the RPMs went up, but the vehicle speed (tranny) wasn't catching up, so that's not likely a throttle position sensor issue. Sounds like the OP is experiencing the 'bad CVT' issue a few members have had. I'm a little over 31k on my 2010, and while I absolutely love this car, the 2010 model year CVT issues that are popping up are beginning to concern me as far as 'the long haul' ownership is concerned. Forum member Blackbelt was one of the first to report his problem on here that I'm aware of. Search his posts on the issue....sounds very similar. Also, there's another canadian member who's going on his 4th trans.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
coref1

Yes defineately a concern. Try and record the issue in some way as proof and keep putting pressure on the Dealer fix it. We've got a situation in Aus at present we're VW ignored complaints from owners about issues with their cars for some time and now it's turned into a perfect storm for them. Reports are it could now cost VW up to AUD $170 million.
As I said put the pressure on and don't back off until the issue is fixed.
KIZFAN2

These CTV issues are starting to scare me. I should take out the extended powertrain warranty before my factory one expires.
2011 Kizashi SX
jono6406

KIZFAN2 wrote:These CTV issues are starting to scare me. I should take out the extended powertrain warranty before my factory one expires.
Not me, If a problem developes after my warranty expires then I just unload it and buy another car.