Maintenance question

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
murcod

Ironically, they mention the torque converter is supposed to help improve acceleration from standing start by allowing the engine revs to build up....
The torque converter provides a range ensuring engine torque is increased to start up the vehicle. In addition, the lock up clutch is initiated around 10 km/h to reduce both power loss and fuel consumption.
I've never driven a CVT Kizashi, so have no idea what difference there is to the manual trans off the line.
David
nytq

The manual is not very clear on these points, and since I do most of this maintenance myself, I had to ask Suzuki.

As for the CVT fluid, it must be changed a 60K miles.

Unfortunately this is costly whether done yourself or not. But it is about 50% less if you do it yourself. There are some aftermarket fluids, but after comparing costs, the original Suzuki fluid is about the same.

If coolant is green then every 30K.

If coolant is blue then at 90K then every 45K after that.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
WESHOOT2

I have 89,900 on my '11 S AWD, and its CVT fluid is original......

........but I may have it changed tomorrow.
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote:I don't see what difference it makes if there's a torque converter or not. Any automatic is a tenuous and fragile thing, a CVT even more so. Can't imagine not changing the fluid.
If it didn't have a torque converter, simply draining and refilling would probably be all that's needed for a complete fluid change much like a manual trans. With a TC, the bulk of your fluid resides in the TC and does not drain out. It must be pushed, or pumped, out using a closed loop flushing system of some type. Without a flush, you'd be required to perform multiple drain and fills over a short period of time to dilute the old with new to a point where most of the old would be removed. And with this fluid being as expensive as it is, we're talking a very costly proposition because of the inherent waste in multiple drain and fills.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)