oil level

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Senegal

so the oil was changed at the dealer last week, it's full synthetic....

now i sense tiny vibrations when the car comes to a stop, checked the oil level and it's a little too much.

I checked it after 5-10 minutes cool down and on different surfaces to make sure the level was indeed accurate.

check out the picture, what do you guys think? too much? ok? get it out ASAP?
Attachments
101_0538.JPG
uforaverwill

Too much oil is bad. Take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix this for you. ASAP
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Moto
Site Admin

Too much oil can be hard on things. Make make sure not to push your car too hard if it is overly full. It is possible that too much oil could cause leaks due to high oil pressure.

You are not the first person that this has happened to. There is already a post that explains this mistake.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... +oil+grand
Minority

Moto wrote:There is already a post that explains this mistake.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... +oil+grand
It explains the mistake, but there is no excuse for the mistake!

If the general level of car servicing in the US is anything like Australia it's pityful.

Over the years of having company cars and my own cars serviced at franchises and main dealers, it never ceases to amaze me at the level of incompetence or downright dishonesty exhibited by the motor service industry!

I am hoping for better for my new Kizashi
Senegal

well...this car has had 3 oil changes done, and this is the first time it's happening.

dealer instructed me to re-test the levels again. I would probably visit them over the next several days to get the extra pulled out.
Moto
Site Admin

Minority wrote: If the general level of car servicing in the US is anything like Australia it's pityful.
For the most part I refuse to let anyone touch my car. Almost all shops are filled with high school dropouts with little training. I've had nothing but bad luck with them.
Senegal

dealer fixed it today....they figured it had up to half a quart extra in there.

now I can have a smooth running engine again with no vibrations ;)
uforaverwill

Senegal wrote:dealer fixed it today....they figured it had up to half a quart extra in there.

now I can have a smooth running engine again with no vibrations ;)

Nice! 8-)
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Senegal

so disappointed...checked the oil today just out of curiosity....it's still about the same level as before.

UPDATE: dealer is checking the accuracy of the oil dipstick with Suzuki, more details to come later.
babacu

Just curious whether there was an update to this story. I had my oil changed today (second time) and the level on the dipstick is higher (about the same as in the original picture).

I was hoping to get a smoothly running engine (no vibrations) by switching to synthetic, but alas, it's still vibrating (no worse than before, but no better, either). Not sure if it's the oil level or I should just accept this is the best I'm going to get...