Guessing game - what is this and where has it come from?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
murcod

I found this item loose (wedged) in my engine bay today. It appears to be some sort of blanking plug (?) but I've got no idea where it has come from. Googling the part number didn't help.

It was wedge between the back of the RHS headlight and the filler neck of the windscreen washer bottle. It may even be the source of the mystery noise I've been getting over sharp changes in road surfaces. :lol: That noise sounds like it is coming from that area.

As the writing on it says, the rear is 33.5mm diameter - so it would plug a hole that size.

It's possible it has been there since the vehicle was made. Or it may have been dropped there in the last week when Suzuki serviced it?
David
Sluggo

Japanese Starbucks Latte lid ??

It is a cap that seals the top of your strut tower.

Going to agree, took a photo but no upload luck
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
Wonson92

More luck.
Attachments
20130804_140557.jpg
20130804_140557.jpg (362.35 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

Thanks for the replies - I'll go out and check if I'm missing one. I found it in the dark last night while using a torch to check the engine oil level- in the dark I didn't notice anything that looked similar in the general vicinity of where I found it.

I wonder if they took it out to check the strut top nut and "lost" it? I did mention the noise in the front RHS.
David
murcod

Yes, it's the one from the driver's side strut top. I was lucky it had somehow wedged where it was and hadn't fallen straight through.
David