Sub woofer "rattle"

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
rockismusic12

I suggested that first timei went in but they did not remove anything. I still have to get them to solve the fluctuating volume with a mind of its own with the AVC off. Ridiculous. It happens at multiple speeds at a volume of only like 15-20 or little over 20. Almost makes me want to use my right to return the car.
KCKizashi

I'm considering replacing the factory sub with a better aftermarket sub anyway. The global back order issue definately shows this is a problem with the speaker itself. I asked the service rep if there's an issue with the speaker, won't we continue to have this problem with a replacement sub as well? He said "you'll just need to be aware of how loud you turn up the stereo or set the bass punch setting". Replacing the sub with an identical sub doesn't solve the problem.
I also thought about just unplugging the sub until they get the replacement in stock. Only thing is if the entire system recognizes the loss of connectivity and imacts everything or just disconnected signal to the sub.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
rockismusic12

Yea true. That is an idea eventually if and when I have the money to relpace it. Im assuming i will still have problems once they replace it but i would rather not wait for the backorder of the same part. We should have to be aware of how loud we make it if they are going to boast about an upgraded factory system for the GTS and SLS. The audio talk seems to baffle service people at dealers to me. They dont seem to know how to fix the issues other then just trying to replace parts.
babacu

KCKizashi wrote:I'm considering replacing the factory sub with a better aftermarket sub anyway. The global back order issue definately shows this is a problem with the speaker itself. I asked the service rep if there's an issue with the speaker, won't we continue to have this problem with a replacement sub as well? He said "you'll just need to be aware of how loud you turn up the stereo or set the bass punch setting". Replacing the sub with an identical sub doesn't solve the problem.
Great. A sub that has problems coping with the bass, now I just need an IPhone 4 that cannot be held while making calls and I'm all set...

Seriously, though, this is supposed to be a pretty decent setup, I'd expect it to be fixed (or have the replacement parts be of better quality). If not, I'll keep asking for replacements till they get the picture...
babacu

Minority wrote:In case you get a nasty noise from your sub (presuming your running the Rockford Fosgate factory system), you may have the same problem I had.

There is a plastic cover over the voice coil that had "popped off" and was rattling around on the cone! The dealer has removed the cover (cured the nasty noise) and ordered in a new sub woofer. Still, disapointing on a one week old car!
Did you witness them fixing it? If so, how hard is it to get to it? I'm tempted to do it myself, especially if it fixes the buzzing and the replacement takes a long time to arrive. Thx.
Minority

babacu wrote: Did you witness them fixing it? If so, how hard is it to get to it? I'm tempted to do it myself, especially if it fixes the buzzing and the replacement takes a long time to arrive. Thx.
No, I didn't see them do it, just left it for a couple of hours. They said that they had to take out the parcel shelf and after having a quick look I think that's what you would have to do.

I f you shone a torch through the sub speaker grill, and turned up the volume, you might be able to see if the voice coil cover was loose and bouncing about on the cone.
babacu

Thanks, that's a good idea, I'll have a look.
rockismusic12

They replaced my sub with a new one that somehow came in from the backorder the other day. So far I have had no problems and it sounds pretty good. However i think the sound problem of the volume changing on its own is the USB connection. CD's and radio have not done it. anynoe know how to fix this problem with the USB connection or port?
KCKizashi

rockismusic12 wrote:They replaced my sub with a new one that somehow came in from the backorder the other day. So far I have had no problems and it sounds pretty good. However i think the sound problem of the volume changing on its own is the USB connection. CD's and radio have not done it. anynoe know how to fix this problem with the USB connection or port?
My sub was replaced yesterday, so far so good. My system does the volume jump on all media types. It was acting up this morning on FM Stereo.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
Shaneous

KCKizashi wrote:
rockismusic12 wrote:They replaced my sub with a new one that somehow came in from the backorder the other day. So far I have had no problems and it sounds pretty good. However i think the sound problem of the volume changing on its own is the USB connection. CD's and radio have not done it. anynoe know how to fix this problem with the USB connection or port?
My sub was replaced yesterday, so far so good. My system does the volume jump on all media types. It was acting up this morning on FM Stereo.
Hi there

interesting. I have had the Amp replaced, but did not fix my issue. Maybe a new sub is in order? Mine also has the volume issue with all media types, not just USB. Volume has to be half-useful to detect it though (14 or above normally).

Waiting to hear from dealer on the next step to fixing the audio issue.