Sub woofer "rattle"

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
DaReaper

So.........I've had a rattle coming from sub area, and assumed it was dust cap coming loose as others have had problems and this was it. So I go into dealer feeling like I know what's up and tell them dust cap is loose. Wrong! I was getting vicoius rattle from rear deck itself. They're looking to fix now. Don't be a a jackass like me and assume it's the speaker. Press down on shelf/speaker cover/seatbelt buckle and see if that helps!

Also, Shaneous- they replaced your amp and your volume is still fluctuating? AVC turned off? That sucks! Was trying to get amp warrantied, but now what's the point if that doesn't help. Let me know if this is still the case. This is gonna drive me nuts! What is the fix? Must figure out.
Shaneous

Yeah. Doesn't seem quite as bad as the previous amp.. but still occurs. My dealer is really good.. they are just waiting further info back form Suzuki. They also know about this forum and will be keeping an eye on the issue.

Going by other topics on here I figure it must either be a specific revision of amp, a specific revision of subwoofer, a possible firmware requirement or installation issue (or combination of any of these!) that causes the issue. It sounds like there are people with the RF system that DON'T experience this issue.. so I assume it's not a straight out limitation or issue with the sound system across the board.
babacu

Got the buzzing subwoofer replaced today. I had a look at the old one and, sure enough, the coil cover was loose. This could have easily been fixed with some better glue, but I won't complain for having it replaced. Not sure if the new one is any better at that, but at least I know what I'll have to do should it fail after the warranty expires.
DaReaper

Dealer is going to replace amp - after talking to suzuki techs and testing system. Will rerport back reguarding helping/not helping volume fluctuation for me.

Also they fixed my rattle for the most part with some velcro somewhere!?! Don't know where they put it but it definately helped. I also noticed center belt 2nd buckle (small one) rattling in it's little plastic holder on back shelf.
babacu

My joy of having the subwoofer replaced was short lived. The speaker in the back left door is doing the same now. It might have been there from the beginning, but hidden by the louder buzzing of the woofer, who knows...
DaReaper

Just reporting back. New amp fixed volume fluctuation problem for me. :D
TheHolyGhost

Glad to hear it, hopefully it stays fixed this time!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
ihbryant

I would just like to add that I had the same rattle in my Kizashi. It took about a week for the subwoofer to get in, but now it sounds great.
mme6342

My wife's car (2010 Kizashi GTS AWD) has had two subwoofers blown out, and Now a third (3)! The first one was already blown on the test drive and replaced before delivery, the second was blown within 48 hours [on Punch Bass +5] of delivery and replaced within 48 hours from that with a new 'cover' as well, and now (two weeks later) blown at volume level 20 [Punch Bass +4]?????!! Something is obviously up. I also noticed we have the volume fluctuation thing going on [and yes our AVC is on at 3]. All in all a stereo system should be designed to be able to handle itself through all user input-able ranges. Meeting with Suzuki Marketplace in NY at 3PM........ More to follow. Lemon Law?
wickensboy

New Kizashi 2011 - Only 400 Km - Subwoofer is rattling really bad RF system. This all on top of the paint chip issues. Now up to 10 paint chips after 1 week.