Sub woofer "rattle"

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
quickzilverfox

Had the volume jump issue, AVC was always off and volume jump happened on all media types...fixed with a new amp
Now I'm having the sub rattle...having it looked at on Friday, but the "rattle" goes away if I press the rubber lip against the cone on the front (seat side) of the speaker. Other positions (sides and rear) make no difference. The "oompf" went out of the Punch at the same time as the rattle appeared, so I'm thinking the rubber/cone seal tore.
2010 Azure Gray Metallic AWD Kizashi SLS
darrylh

+1 for blown subwoofer - 1 month old. :shock:
Phone call on Monday to book it in.
gentle_ben

The subwoofer in our car bit the dust after 1 month. My wife drives the car 99% of the time and she doesn't even like loud music. It took nearly 2 months to get a replacement one in. I had to laugh when I saw the warranty invoice, it was over $500 for everything they replaced.
molten

Our subwoofer is making the torn cone or separated from magnet sound as well.
Sounds like pretty poor design......

Taking it to the dealer to have checked.....

Are speakers still on back order????
Any success with after market bolt ins???
2010 Blue SLS
Florida, USA
AlexRuiz

I just took the time to read this one. Wow, what a saga!
I could bet some money the issue is the amplifier itself, not the speakers.

Alex
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
teamjlf

Just found this site which is great...........but also bad to see that there seems to be an endemic issue with these subs ?

Our Australian Delivered Kizashi XLS is only 6 months old. Today turned the volume to 20 and punch bass to 3 and..........POP.
Very disappointing from a stereo reportedly of being "high" quality......LOL
Going in to the dealer tomorrow to get it checked........what a hassle........hope it gets replaced and the refitting job is neat and tidy !!!!!!!

Anyone else in Australia having the same issue.
mastermind

Yep, had same problem. Brought back to dealer and had subwoofer replaced. So far so good. :D
Minority

teamjlf wrote:Anyone else in Australia having the same issue.
Yes!! Just had my second one go! (or at least it sounds like it)
Coincidently it was also the second time I turned the music up loud (punch base only at 1 though). Either there is a problem with the subs or the amps that Suzuki are using. Anyway very disapointing for a "premium" sound system.
There is no way that a factory fitted system should blow just by turning up the music loud.
teamjlf

Minority wrote:
teamjlf wrote:Anyone else in Australia having the same issue.
Yes!! Just had my second one go! (or at least it sounds like it)
Coincidently it was also the second time I turned the music up loud (punch base only at 1 though). Either there is a problem with the subs or the amps that Suzuki are using. Anyway very disapointing for a "premium" sound system.
There is no way that a factory fitted system should blow just by turning up the music loud.

That is ridiculous and leaves me with no faith that my replacement will last.
I hope SUZUKI is watching this thread.....not good enough for a top of the line audio offering on their top of the line car.
KIZAWDinKC

You guessed it, my subwoofer finally bit the dust. Car has 1600 miles. I think the dust cap might have come loose because I can see it bouncing around when I look underneath the sub. Sounds like the sub is farting when the punch is turned up. What a piece of crap. This is bound to happen to every kizashi unless you are someone that keeps the Bass Punch at -6. They should have recalled this a long time ago. Logic tells me that you would design, build, and test a sub to handle more than the system can give.

I'm not going to bother to fix it on my own because it looks like you gotta remove the entire partition to get to the sub. I'm not going to screw with it, so I put a service request in to Suzuki to take it in.

Hopefully it will just be replaced with another. But wouldn't the same thing just happen again if they put the exact same sub in??? I'm no audio expert, but I wonder if a better sub can be put in that thumps harder and can handle the abuse. I'd gladly pay extra for a better sub. I guess for now I'll roll around with my Punch on -6 and listen to music with no bass.