Grinding

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

I hate to bump an older thread, but I've run into a similar sound coming from a 2011 SLS awd I'm looking to buy from someone.

I've driven the car and it sounds like it's coming from the driver's side front. It's more apparent at low speed, but goes away above 40 or so.

The owner of the car had aftermarket wheels on the car and said the sound started when he put the stock wheels back on.

Any clues?
SamirD

There's definitely some brake issue here. I can slow down from 20-0 by taking my foot off the gas. I also have to give it gas sometimes when backing up to park--most cars will love to drive all day long in reverse on a level surface without any brake pressure.
joelzashi

I'm having a similar problem with my 2011 Kizashi. It has 52000km on the odo, and it's just started to make a muffled grinding noise when moving forward and backwards from a stop, normally the car rolls forward and backwards with ease when in D or R, but it just won't move anywhere on a flat service without acceleration. The sound is coming from the front of the car, sounds like something to do with the brakes, or suspension or i'm not sure.

If anyone could provide any assistance, that would be great.

Thanks,
Joel
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Prestige, Black, 2.4 I4 CVT.
2011 Suzuki Swift GL, Blue, 1.4 I4 5 Speed Manual.
1993 Mazda 626 GE Series 1 Hatchback, Passion Rose(Colour) 2.5L V6 Auto.
bootymac

Any chance you can take a video and sharing it on YouTube? It'll make it a lot easier to diagnose
murcod

Hey Joel, if it's 2011 you should still have warranty? If so, take it to a dealer.

You obviously have the CVT auto so it may have something to do with it. (Particularly given the description - noises, lack of drive.)

If you take it in before the warranty expires you will have some sort of come back if something major goes wrong - even if they claim there's nothing wrong at the moment. Keep all your paperwork.
David
SamirD

So I didn't update this thread (although I thought I did), and the problem went away once I changed from the stock 18s wheels to my sx4 steelie winter wheels.

My guess? It had something to do with the lug nut torques. When i re-torqued them properly and to spec on the winter wheels, everything is fine. In fact, the in-dash mpg when up a tremendous amount as well (almost 2x).

I'd take off the front wheels, check to see if anything looks out of place and then put them back on following the factory service procedure for tightening the lug nuts.