kenwood

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
BrianJC

I have a 2010 and the after market kenwood nav/stero sys has died. Both the US dealer and my extended warranty provider say the unit is no longer available and kenwood doesn't have a comp unit that will work. Has anyone replaced their unit with a upgrade? if so can you give me the DNX model, thanks.
LPSISRL

Can you get it repaired or was that something that only happened in the old days?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
murcod

I'd be pushing for the latest equivalent model. Any double DIN headunit will fit, it's just a case of perhaps there being some electrical plug differences (easily changed if so). The current steering wheel remote adapter should work fine with another Kenwood and you might be lucky and find the electrical plugs are all the same. ;)

For example, something like this appears to be the latest equivalent: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertain ... n/DNX570HD
David
Pyramid1

A little pricey, but if you want the OEM unit with "Suzuki" on the faceplate you can still get one here apparently..http://www.oemsuzukiparts.com/partlocat ... logid=5512
murcod

Get the latest model. That one would come with old maps, older software etc. It would probably be a slower responding unit to touchscreen inputs as well ie. lower spec internal processor and less RAM? (My Kenwood is shockingly slow as times, drives me mad!!)
David
sx4rocious

I would be rather adamant about them providing you with the newest model available. If you pay for a warranty for a specific item and that exact item no longer exists, it is their responsibility to replace it with an equivelent or better unit. I ran into this several times when I purchases warranties for electronics. I'm pretty sure they will try and fight with you over it, stating "normal wear and tear" or "depreciation", but if you stick to your guns, you'll get AT LEAST the newest model. Heck, you might even get a better one!
Firefly

The newer Kenwood on the 2013 models has a few more features, but if you want to keep the car a while, check out other double DIN options. Try Crutchfield - they are good at presenting various options. Personally, I would upgrade to a unit with HD radio. It's an add-on unit with Kenwood.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum