HEADLIGHT ELECTRIC LEVEL ADJUSTMENT

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
joelzashi

Hey all, i've noticed that the specifications for the Australian Kizashi Prestige say the car has electric levelling adjustment. Can anyone confirm this?

I have also noticed on the dashboard that there is a headlight levelling symbol. So would love to find something out!!

Another thing, automatic side mirror dipping when reversing... is this possible in the kizashi? so sick of manually dipping my mirrors to make sure i don't gutter rash my wheels. Many thanks!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Prestige, Black, 2.4 I4 CVT.
2011 Suzuki Swift GL, Blue, 1.4 I4 5 Speed Manual.
1993 Mazda 626 GE Series 1 Hatchback, Passion Rose(Colour) 2.5L V6 Auto.
Wizzbang

Hi there, as far as I know there is no automatic mirror dipping feature on any grade of Kizashi.
I'm not sure if this is something that can be retrofitted by way of an aftermarket accessory??

And I too was trying to find the headlight levelling function on my car after seeing the same light on my dash to no avail. I think it literally adjusts on its own and the light comes on only during startup or if there is a problem with it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi XLS 6MT Premium Silver
KuroNekko

I can't comment from personal experience on the Kizashi's headlight-leveling control because Kizashis sold in North America were not offered with HIDs therefore, no adjuster was required.

Anyhow, here's the deal on them:

By law (in the US), any car with factory HIDs must come with a leveling control. This is because HIDs are considered so bright, they can be a risk to other drivers. Politicians got involved and of course, a law came out about them. The law required the ability for HID headlights to be lowered or raised by the driver to adjust for driving conditions, vehicle weight load, etc. This is why every car that comes with factory installed HIDs has a leveler control in the US. I also think it became an industry standard as these controls are found globally on cars with HIDs. The controls are usually located where the fog light button and ESP button are. I believe some luxury cars may even have auto-levelers where the vehicle detects optimum headlight level based on conditions.

I believe that you will only find the leveling function in the Kizashi models that come with factory HID lights. My understanding is that the "Kizashi Prestige" is the top of the line model that would come with HIDs in Australia. I know that models with factory HIDs are also sold in Europe. Given that no Kizashi trims in the US or Canada came with factory HIDs, we don't have any headlight leveling control knobs here. It goes to explain why some of the button spaces next to the fog light and ESP button are blanks.
If you have HIDs, AWD, fog lights, and ESP (standard), then you should have no blank buttons.
I personally only have two buttons; fog lights and ESP, because my car is a US spec FWD. I therefore have 2 blanks.

The picture below is an India-spec Kizashi with 2WD. It has the headlight-leveler control.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
joelzashi

Okay, so the headlight levelling adjustment must not be a legal requirement here in Australia. I don't have the AWD version of the kizashi, so i have one free spot for the button, but where your headlight adjustment switch is, i have a HID headlamp washer button. It must be the legal standard here in Aus to have headlight washers.

Thanks for your reply!

and with the auto dipping side mirrors, is anyone aware of any aftermarket kit?

Much appreciated!
murcod

HID's in Australia must have the leveling function and the washers. The leveling is automatic and not adjustable by the driver, it's to prevent oncoming drivers being dazzled and normally works off the rear suspension height changing. You might also find the HID washers will come on automatically if you activate the windscreen washers with the headlights on.

I've never had a vehicle with the auto dipping side mirror, but could certainly see the use of it. It's funny when I think back to my first car with no electric windows, optional power steering, optional (manual adjust) LHS mirror - now it's a bugbear to have to adjust the electric LHS mirror to reverse! :)
David
joelzashi

Technology really has come a long way hey! I really haven't seen much of it, seeing as though i was born early 1990's.

Must be auto levelling, haven't noticed it! It probably doesn't make much of a noticeable difference anyway. I was looking for some noticeable active cornering headlight system kind of difference. Oh well!

Still an amazing car.

Would love for suzuki to bring out a transmission flash for the CVT so it won't go into such high gear so early. But what can you do..