Rear "Suspension" Creak Fixed

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
phaeton1

Hi Guys

I live in the UK and picked up my Kizashi Sport a few weeks ago. The vehicle had been run by the dealer for 8 months during which time it had covered around 8000 miles. Paid virtually half price compared to the cost new! Fantastic car.

We have a load of speed humps where I live and a couple of weeks back I heard a creak coming from the rear of the car every time I went over them. As the cabin is normally so quite (Lexus like) the noise really started to irritate me. I was convinced it was the rear suspension causing the problem. Despite being looked at by the dealer and copious quantities of silicon spray being used on the bushess, the creak wouldn't go away.

Anyhow, I decided to take a fresh look at the problem as I had had a similar fault way back with an Audi and that turned out to be the door seals. Lo and behold, I noticed the rear door foot scuff plates were showing witness marks along the length where they sit underneath the door skin when the door is closed. Applied some silicon to the scuff plates with a rag and also to the little bump stop fitted to the door. Took it out on test and the noise has gone! May not work for you but just in case you have or get a similar creaking noise from the rear, it might pay to look at this area first.

Simon
honsonwong

Welcome and thanks for the input.
murcod

Yes, that's a good find. I'm surprised that was the source given how rigid the Kizashi feels going out driveways etc. You can hear the door seals "move" on our 2004 Suzuki XL-7, but that's an old vehicle with a ladder frame chassis. I use silicone spray on the seals on it when the noise annoys me enough.
David
Firefly

Interesting, thanks. I get creaks in the winter when the temps are close to freezing. Will remember this!
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum