Key Fob Not Detected message when door opened while running.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
JakeRam

I've scoured several of the key fob threads, but can't find anything quite matching this problem. Recently if somebody exists the car, like if you're dropping someone off (or even if I open and close the door a bit while driving :-) the "Key Fob Not Detected" message will start flashing on the dash. I have no problems starting the car or unlocking the doors remotely. This happens with *both* fobs (one of which has been sitting in a kitchen drawer since I got the car 2 summers ago). Thinking it would be pretty crazy for both fob's batteries to go bad at the same time I was thinking the battery couldn't be the problem, but I replaced one of them anyway. But still have the problem. It does eventually seem to "redetect" it, but there's no rhynme or reason to it. If I shut off the car and restart the message does not appear. Has anybody seen and fixed this before?
LPSISRL

Only thing I can think of is to hold the fob right up to the button when you start it. Not sure what it does, but it's the only thing I've seen to do relating to problems with the key fob. It's in the owner's manual if you want to check it out.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
murcod

Have you tried keeping the fob in different locations to see if that has any effect?
David
Grandpa1951

In my case if the ignition is in "accessories" position and the drivers door is opened and I get out of the car then try locking the doors a warning buzzer sounds and the display shows "key fob not detected". I then have to turn ignition off ( engine is not running though ), then it will lock. I've tried your scenario but no warning comes up for me. Hope you work out what it is.
JakeRam

Here's what I found. I had been keeping the fob in the cubby in the forward center console (under the climate controls) where it was fine for years. I installed in the "lighter" socket a little two outlet USB adapter for charging mobile devices. I should have made the connection with the timing sooner, but I just couldn't believe that his tiny, mostly passive (I mean my actual phone never interfered and I keep it in the same spot) could be the cause, but I've removed it and the problem has gone away. To be completely scientific I should put it back and try again...

Thanks everyone for the help. BTW, I did try moving the key fob around and had inconsistent results...further mystifying the real cause.
Woodie

Your new USB adapter probably uses a switching power supply to cut the voltage from 12V down to 5V. This type of power regulating device actually switches the power on and off VERY rapidly so that it's only passing power about 40% of the time, thereby cutting 12V down to 5V. Very cheap and efficient way to regulate power. Unfortunately, it also acts as a transmitter, blasting out a radio signal at whatever frequency it uses for switching. This is also why an in house dimmer switch will often make noise on your TV or radio.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
murcod

Good to hear it's a relatively easy fault to fix. I've got a couple of those USB switch mode power supplies and never had a problem when the fobs in my pocket.
David
william23

JakeRam wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 pm I've scoured several of the key fob threads, but can't find anything quite matching this problem. Recently if somebody exists the car, like if you're dropping someone off (or even if I open and close the door a bit while driving :-) the "Key Fob Not Detected" message will start flashing on the dash. I have no problems starting the car or unlocking the doors remotely. This happens with *both* fobs (one of which has been sitting in a kitchen drawer since I got the car 2 summers ago). Thinking it would be pretty crazy for both fob's batteries to go bad at the same time I was thinking the battery couldn't be the problem, but I replaced one of them anyway. But still have the problem. It does eventually seem to "redetect" it, but there's no rhynme or reason to it. If I shut off the car and restart the message does not appear. Has anybody seen and fixed this before?
I suggest that you check the antenna that is connected to the key fob. It is possible that the antenna is damaged or has a loose connection. If this is the case, then you may need to replace the antenna. You should also check the wiring of the key fob to make sure it is not damaged or has a loose connection. If the wiring is fine, then the problem may be with the key fob itself. If you suspect that the key fob is the cause of the problem, then you may need to replace it. If you want to ask any questions then you can also contact me on gbwhatsapp. I will do my best to guide you.
Arshi

william23 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:15 am I suggest that you check the antenna that is connected to the key fob. It is possible that the antenna is damaged or has a loose connection. If this is the case, then you may need to replace the antenna. You should also check the wiring of the key fob to make sure it is not damaged or has a loose connection. If the wiring is fine, then the problem may be with the key fob itself. If you suspect that the key fob is the cause of the problem, then you may need to replace it. If you want to ask any questions then you can also contact me on gbwhatsapp. I will do my best to guide you.
Your advice is kind of technical, but not working can provide some other method. :!:
faskversi

Arshi wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:51 am
william23 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:15 am I suggest that you check the antenna that is connected to the key fob. It is possible that the antenna is damaged or has a loose connection. If this is the case, then you may need to replace the antenna. You should also check the wiring of the key fob to make sure it is not damaged or has a loose connection. If the wiring is fine, then the problem may be with the key fob itself. If you suspect that the key fob is the cause of the problem, then you may need to replace it. If you want to ask any questions then you can also contact me on gb whatsapp. I will do my best to guide you.
Your advice is kind of technical, but not working can provide some other method. :!:
If the problem is with the key fob itself, then replacing it may be necessary to restore proper function. It is recommended to seek the help of a professional mechanic or locksmith to diagnose and fix any issues with your key fob to ensure it is done correctly and safely.