Seatbelt Retractor

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Soviet

Anyone know where I can find or repair a seatbelt retractor for the Kizashi 2011?

Or if I can find a similar model seat belt retractor. Heres what it looks like.

Mine is frozen ( car was in accident ) and the whole belt is stuck and the seat belt tensioner as well not usable.
murcod

Buy a new one from one of the online stores - please don't buy secondhand or try to modify something else to fit! eg http://www.oemsuzukiparts.com/

You might need to visit a dealer to reset the airbag/ pretensioner system too?
David
Soviet

The price for one of those is $739 US dollars. I already have one. I need to find either 1. Same model and someone selling for cheaper or 2. Someone who can repair this.

I need to definitely visit a dealer. I can't find a solution anywhere.
murcod

They have an explosives activated pretensioner system built into them- hence the substantial price (and the danger of trying to modify or repair.) The explosive pretensioner may have activated in the accident, which means (I'd imagine) the whole unit will need to be replaced.

There are laws here preventing the sale of seat belts from written off vehicles, hopefully it's the same in the USA?
David
Speed_Racer

Definitely the dealer. Yeah it's costly, but this is one of those things you don't want to penny pinch about.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
jono6406

There are cars that have been totaled and their airbags didn't deploy so if it were me, I would look around for one of those from a reputable dealer and take advantage of their prices. Do what you have to do that's all I'm saying... Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

UPDATE:
Reno's Auto Parts, Inc
5270 US Highway 50
Hillsboro, OH, 45133
ph. 800-445-3429
They have one for sale right now for $175.
Give them a call.
murcod

Each to their own, but is possibly having a belt fail/ malfunction in an accident (which could easily result in somebody dieing) worth saving $564?

I put a lot higher value on mine and my family's lives. Never skimp on safety items.
David
jono6406

murcod wrote:Each to their own, but is possibly having a belt fail/ malfunction in an accident (which could easily result in somebody dieing) worth saving $564?

I put a lot higher value on mine and my family's lives. Never skimp on safety items.
Can you tell me why an airbag that was not deployed not good? If the airbag was not good they wouldn't be allowed to sell it but just saying :" I would buy one".
murcod

jono6406 wrote:
murcod wrote:Each to their own, but is possibly having a belt fail/ malfunction in an accident (which could easily result in somebody dieing) worth saving $564?

Can you tell me why an airbag that was not deployed not good? If the airbag was not good they wouldn't be allowed to sell it but just saying :" I would buy one".
:?:

But we're talking about a seat belt!

I don't know what it's like in the USA, but here if an accident investigation found someone had died because the seat belt had been "modified" or "repaired" by the vehicles owner..... well, I wouldn't like to be in that owner's shoes. ;)
David
Wonson92

Im going to have to agree, seatbelts arent an area to save money. I dont see how a 'universal' belt could be reliable and a used/wrecker belt... well put it this way, would you buy a used helmet if you rode a motorcycle? Weather or not it has been smashed against the ground is irrelevant, you just wouldnt do it when it comes to your head smashing against the ground. Each to their own though, but if your in a financial position to afford OEM safety gear, do it.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat