Front Passenger Seat Occupant Sensor?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
babacu

twoqttsdad wrote: It seems that the heat from the sun causes the leather to shrink enough to cause the sensor to trigger.
I reached the same conclusion after a while. It's definitely linked to how much the car sat in the sun.

I get this quite frequently as of late, but most of the time it goes away after I drive for 10 minutes or so. A bit annoying, but I learned to live with it. Especially since my warranty ended a year ago...
SamirD

This is interesting. I'm going to make sure I keep the leather conditioned properly. Maybe this will avert any problems.
KuroNekko

You guys with leather may want to tint the windows if you have not. Tints really help cut out heat and sun exposure. My Kizashi is the first car I ever got tinted and now I will never go without tints. In the summer, it's almost like the different between being in direct sunlight and being in the shade. They also make your car look better in my opinion.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

The only problem I have with tints is night driving, but the Corvette has them from the previous owner and it hasn't bothered me too much.

I just don't like the idea of giving anyone the keys to the car and not being right there beside it. They don't care that it will literally be like a needle in a haystack to find another Kizashi like ours.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:The only problem I have with tints is night driving, but the Corvette has them from the previous owner and it hasn't bothered me too much.

I just don't like the idea of giving anyone the keys to the car and not being right there beside it. They don't care that it will literally be like a needle in a haystack to find another Kizashi like ours.
Only really dark tints considerably affect viewing at night. Mine don't reduce visibility much at all. Like you, it was a concern for me to have good visibility out the windows at night. I think that if you go no darker than 30%, it will make little difference viewing out at night while making a considerable difference viewing into the car. Tint percentage is all about personal preference, but I'm happy with mine at 40%. I don't think I'd want anything darker than 30%. My car originally came with 15% front and 5% rear so I know how much very dark tints can reduce nighttime visibility out of the windows. There is a world of difference from sub-20% tint to around 35% in terms of nighttime visibility.

Lastly, window tinting does not take long. I waited for my car as most customers do. They simply drive it into their garage and drive it out when it's done. There's not much risk of things happening compared to actual mechanical work and test drives that mechanics do.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote:The only problem I have with tints is night driving, but the Corvette has them from the previous owner and it hasn't bothered me too much.

Only really dark tints considerably affect viewing at night. Mine don't reduce visibility much at all. Like you, it was a concern for me to have good visibility out the windows at night. I think that if you go no darker than 30%, it will make little difference viewing out at night while making a considerable difference viewing into the car. Tint percentage is all about personal preference, but I'm happy with mine at 40%. I don't think I'd want anything darker than 30%. My car originally came with 15% front and 5% rear so I know how much very dark tints can reduce nighttime visibility out of the windows. There is a world of difference from sub-20% tint to around 35% in terms of nighttime visibility.

Lastly, window tinting does not take long. I waited for my car as most customers do. They simply drive it into their garage and drive it out when it's done. There's not much risk of things happening compared to actual mechanical work and test drives that mechanics do.
Very good info on the tint percentages. Thank you!

Even just pulling the car around can damage the CVT if they don't wait for the car to shift as most people don't. I feel a nice big shift shock every time I go from D to R or vice versa even after I told the wife to come to a complete stop and wait two seconds. She comes from driving a manual, so I can see where she forgot, but it will annoys the piss out of me since the car had nearly none when we bought it. :evil:
black7

I'm reading / hearing there is now a recall to support this issue - replace bottom cushion
Has anyone else heard about this?
SamirD

I haven't heard anything either.
SamirD

Ah, if this is just this new, it will take a few days/weeks for the postcards to go out and be received.