Creak in center console

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

While not related to the center console, I've noticed a rattling noise that seems to come from the doors. However, what I was able to determine was that the noise was actually caused by the visors. The acoustics of the car make the noise sound like it comes from a front door, but it's the visor on that side that causes the noise. Moving the visor always stops the rattling.
My moon roof also makes rattling noises at times. Console and dash are not problematic.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
smsmart

KuroNekko wrote:While not related to the center console, I've noticed a rattling noise that seems to come from the doors. However, what I was able to determine was that the noise was actually caused by the visors. The acoustics of the car make the noise sound like it comes from a front door, but it's the visor on that side that causes the noise. Moving the visor always stops the rattling.
I on the other hand, have an actual rattle in my door. It looks like it comes from the part of the door panel just above the armrest. It pretty much rattles all the time when I drive, particularly when the pavement becomes coarse. I'm able to stop it from rattling by putting my elbow up against it. Go figure. One of these days I'm planning on taking the door panel off to see what the problem is...hopefully that won't make it worse... :?
KuroNekko wrote:My moon roof also makes rattling noises at times.
Ditto. Mine has been making noises on and off since the car had ~12,000 miles. Can't tell what's making the noise though, since no amount of feeling around makes it go away.

To be honest, I'm disappointed with the assembly of the interior. It looks well put together, but it creaks, rattles, buzzes, and thumps like no other. I recently rode in my friends Honda Accord that has over 80,000 miles and it's surprisingly quiet. No rattles or anything...even given the bad roads around here.
KuroNekko

The rattle from the moonroof in my car is from the wind buffer. I think placing some foam padding on the area where it makes contact with other parts will help. I have yet to do it, but when I touch the wind buffer, the rattling goes away. This is the part that raises up via springs at the front of the moonroof when it's open.

I recently helped a co-worker buy a 2011 Accord Coupe with something like 36,000 miles. The interior rattles here and there in a similar fashion to the Kizashi. I really don't think Hondas are any better built than comparable Suzukis. I've worked on my fair share of Hondas as a number of friends have owned Civics, Accords, etc. and never thought they were better built than other Japanese cars.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Grandpa1951

My car has had the rattle from the front drivers door window area from new. It appears to be at around 100 kph and I thought it might be caused by the mirror at that speed. I've tried folding the mirror back, but alas to no avail. No amount of pushing and banging of the interior door liner seems to work either. I'm due for a service shortly and will bring it to their attention but I'm not holding much hope of any rectification. Standard answer...."can't replicate the noise."
WESHOOT2

I think the only noises I hear come from all the smashed underbody panels rattling around.

Of course, it may just be in my mind....... 8-)
Bizzenn

When it's cold it doesn't do it at all. So it's got to be the metal screw tightening. I just need to get to the screw.