Clicking clutch pedal

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
james.mangena

This is a real problem with these cars
col57

Thanks klvn8r for the great writeup, it helped me to finally tackle the job.
I bought the base model 2010 XL 6sp with 113k km on the clock in June 2019, changed to a leather steering wheel with cruise control buttons and bingo... I gained cruise control (thanks to someone else on this forum).
Then a few months ago at about 130k I heard a crack when changing gears and the pedal went a bit soft but I could still change gears, although I have had to push pedal right to carpet to start motor. Looked under dash and saw that the strap from the intrusion bar to the pedal box had snapped, and the box also flexed a bit when pushing on clutch.
Today I pulled out the pedal box just as klvn8r explained, a lot easier than I expected since it is a bit tight under the dash.
I plated on both sides the broken strap from the intrusion bar and used 2 part permaweld to help glue it together... along with 2 bolts.
IMG_4079.JPG
There was also one broken spot weld on the box as well, so I used permaweld and tek screws on that one.
IMG_4074.JPG
Also added a few teks to reinforce the other spot welds on the box before any of them let go.
IMG_4077.JPG
So now, fingers crossed that my agricultural approach to this works... will let you know how it goes.
col57

Update: Clutch has been working like a dream for the last 6 weeks. Even better than when I bought the car 2 years ago so maybe the first weld had already let go when I got it.
ANUJ1966

I had the same problem with a 2011 RHD M/T. Clutch started clicking around 2 months back and the release point moved down right to the carpet level. It also wouldn't start easily because the clutch pedal position switch wasn't sensing that the clutch was pressed. The clutch was also not disengaging properly. Driving in traffic had become a nightmare and I gave it to the Maruti Service guys (Suzuki's India partner). The said some bracket assembly under the dashboard had broken and needs to be replaced, subject to availabilty and that it would cost around USD 550. Around USD 450 for the part and another USD 100 for labour.
I had no choice as aftermarket skilled mechanics and spares are just not available in India. Maruti is the only setup that has access to Suzuki spares as well as a good knowledge base. We only have around 900 Kizashis in India that were imported by Maruti in 2011 and most of them were automatics
Attachments
screenshot.png
7922a0e0-fe4a-4640-bc72-96dd843b9a20.JPG
Cantab

My Suzuki replacement pedal box assembly failed badly , had to get the fractures sorted and significantly strengthened and its the best its ever been.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5453&start=10