Problems with TPMS on 2010 Kizashi SLS

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
RECMAN0917

Having problems with TPMS on my 2010 Kizashi SLS. Have aftermarket wheels and tires. Pressure is good and sensors were checked out. Dashboard indicator still won't go out. Any suggestions?
SamirD

Where did you get the wheels and sensors? Are the sensors factory or aftermarket?
Moto
Site Admin

Could test the one for 23 bucks from rockauto. I know when the kizashi first came out they TPMS were stupid expensive for each tire.
SamirD

The factory ones still are at around $160+ each. But from what I know about aftermarket auto parts (I used to be a radiator distributor), there can be a significant difference in quality when there's such a big price difference.
RECMAN0917

Had aftermarket sensors Got dealer ones pretty pricey around $175.00
SamirD

You need to relearn the sensors into the car. I did this myself when I made myself a set of snow tires for the winter using a tool, but I have a theory on how to do it without the tool if you'd like to try it.
SamirD

Theory on relearning the sensors without a tool confirmed!
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 237#p25237
peezi

Don't waste your money on Stealership sensors, I got 4 installed for $190 including rebalancing @ Discount Tire and they said come in anytime and the will rotate my tires for free until I need new ones since I had work done there...
John PZ
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD
SamirD

peezi wrote:Don't waste your money on Stealership sensors, I got 4 installed for $190 including rebalancing @ Discount Tire and they said come in anytime and the will rotate my tires for free until I need new ones since I had work done there...
You can get a full set of used Suzuki sensors for under $100. Aftermarket ones are much cheaper than the factory ones and they're virtually idenical if they're made by VDO (since they make the factory ones for Suzuki).
peezi

Why would you want to buy used sensors and then have to deal with installing them yourself? Just go to Discount Tire and they will do the whole thing in 45 minutes. Its worth the extra $90 dollars and if something goes wrong they will resolve the problem for you. Plus, I think those things have batteries, so used = shorter life span...
John PZ
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD