My 2010 Suzi won't start

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

murcod wrote:It could be something as simple as a microswitch not being activated.
That's kind of my thoughts. From what he's described, it's obviously unlocking, but just not letting the car know it's unlocked.
Domotic

Hi,

Anybody knows the solution for this? A friend of mine has the exact same problem; computer says steering wheel is locked and car doesn't start, but in fact the wheel isn't locked at all. She get stuck everywhere anytime.

Up to now, the only solution to start the car is: wait and walk away (reset key detection), unplug the battery, clap your hands, sing and dance... :P

As usual, dealership has no clue how to solve this.

Thanks for your help.
lkhudson

I've had the same problem, three times with my 2010. In fact, just a few hours ago. It's difficult to turn the steering wheel, but I did feel a "thunk" when, I finally got it to unlock. The odd thing is, it really wasn't locked, but without the power steering, and being an older woman, I don't have enough strength to turn the wheel sometimes.

The past two times this has happened, it was a cool day/evening. The last time it happened, the battery ran down, and I had to use my jump pack to get the car started.

Thanks for the comments. I thought I was losing my mind with this one, and even the AAA guy thought this was really strange.
mjpoff

Did anyone ever find a solution for this? Mine has started to do the same thing. Wheels are straight when parked. Car tells me the wheel is locked yet I am able to turn steering wheel and I can't start it.
Ronzuki

It's starting to sound like weak battery gremlins here w/ what some of the posters are describing. Remember folks, these cars are power hungry animals even when sitting still and doing nothing.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
mjpoff

My newer battery is fine. All accessories run. Strong lights, no dimming.
????
KuroNekko

mjpoff wrote:Did anyone ever find a solution for this? Mine has started to do the same thing. Wheels are straight when parked. Car tells me the wheel is locked yet I am able to turn steering wheel and I can't start it.
Sounds like a steering wheel lock sensor issue.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
mjpoff

I stumbled on that when trying to find some info. Made an appointment for service because it doesn't look like I can purchased this part?.
mjpoff

Sooo.... my push button unlock on the door handle wouldn't work today but the unlock from the key fob did so I replaced the battery in the fob. If the key fob battery was getting weak, could that have caused the car to think the steering wheel was locked because it didn't sense a signal from the fob and maybe it's not the wheel lock sensor at all??? I am taking it in for service tomorrow and am guessing they won't find any problem. The steering wheel lock is intermittent and the car will start eventually.
kizashi11

This has been happening to my kizashi for the last few years. This week it happens multiple times a day, leaving me stranded. What's the fix? Is there a steering lock control unit going bad? Is there a way to disable the steering lock system? Nissan and infinity had this same problem. I deploy soon and of course don't feel comfortable leaving my wife and kids stranded. So pissed I bought this car. I had to drive 5.5 hrs to get recalls done on this p.o.s. This seems to be a common problem that nobody knows how to fix. Thanks Suzuki!