Service Start System??????

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
murcod

avluis wrote: Are you talking about general navigation or just the areas where it would show a pop-up and nothing would be there?
To answer myself: For general navigation you want to use Firefox.
Empty pop up windows- and I am using Firefox. Every now and then some obscure section will result in an empty window popping up. (The "problem" behind it sounds very complex.)
avluis wrote: What I can do though, is to set up a link for you guys to download a personal copy to your computer and have it run locally in case the website ever goes down. I've set up a python server that will run in Windows and Mac (perhaps Linux as well) that will take care of launching the manual and all.

That way if the website does go down, there is a backup manual.
Yes, remember I tried to get that working a few months back on my PC? I didn't have any success- probably due to lack of knowledge at my end. :lol:
David
avluis

Haha! Yeah, I remember.
Unfortunately due to the way many users configure their PCs, it is more of a hit or miss.
In this situation, all I can recommend is to run a virtual copy of Windows XP and host the manual there to alienate any software that may be causing conflicts.
If you have a fairly recent computer (as long as it can run some sort of virtualization software, e.g; VirtualBox, Virtual PC. etc), there is no reason that can't be done.
And if you run Windows 7 Pro or higher, you have the option of running Windows XP for free (provided by Microsoft).
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
SamirD

avluis wrote:What I can do though, is to set up a link for you guys to download a personal copy to your computer and have it run locally in case the website ever goes down. I've set up a python server that will run in Windows and Mac (perhaps Linux as well) that will take care of launching the manual and all.
What about using the xampp package since that's a lot easier for a user to run? This way, you can just zip the whole thing up and all the user has to do is unzip it and run it.
avluis

SamirD wrote:
avluis wrote:What I can do though, is to set up a link for you guys to download a personal copy to your computer and have it run locally in case the website ever goes down. I've set up a python server that will run in Windows and Mac (perhaps Linux as well) that will take care of launching the manual and all.
What about using the xampp package since that's a lot easier for a user to run? This way, you can just zip the whole thing up and all the user has to do is unzip it and run it.
Well yes, that is one way to do it. Any type of server will work, its just the browser that is the major issue.
Here is my dropbox link to the whole archive (well, it is not archived at the moment, but dropbox can handle that...
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
SamirD

avluis wrote:Well yes, that is one way to do it. Any type of server will work, its just the browser that is the major issue.
Here is my dropbox link to the whole archive (well, it is not archived at the moment, but dropbox can handle that...
The only reason I suggest the xampp platform is that it doesn't have such an involved install process, or even none if you use the portable apps version.

I've downloaded the entire archive (one of the first things I did), but haven't played with it yet locally.
avluis

SamirD wrote:
avluis wrote:Well yes, that is one way to do it. Any type of server will work, its just the browser that is the major issue.
The only reason I suggest the xampp platform is that it doesn't have such an involved install process, or even none if you use the portable apps version.

I've downloaded the entire archive (one of the first things I did), but haven't played with it yet locally.
Ah, got it.
I'll see what I can do.
I also found a few Internet Explorer 6 compatible browsers that I can try and include with the portable install, which is my true purpose for the archive in the long run - to kill the need for an external server and virtual machines.
I'll be creating a new thread with updates with that, don't want to stray this one any further.
SamirD

avluis wrote:Ah, got it.
I'll see what I can do.
I also found a few Internet Explorer 6 compatible browsers that I can try and include with the portable install, which is my true purpose for the archive in the long run - to kill the need for an external server and virtual machines.
I'll be creating a new thread with updates with that, don't want to stray this one any further.
Thank you for putting all the effort you've put into this--you have no idea how many times you've helped me! I did a lot of my research on tpms using a lot the resources you've helped make available.

I'm curious about what IE6 compatible browsers you've found. I have to use IE6 for a lot my work due to stupid proprietary web sites and would really like to move away from it since it's the biggest security issue ever.

The threads here tend to stray a bit, but are always full of great information, so don't be shy. 8-)

Small world that you live in Clarksville. I lived in Nashville for a few years. 8-)
11zukizashi

This just saved me so much pain and aggravation, i had the exact same problem and checked acc and acc2 and they looked fine then i saw this post and double checked with a multimeter and acc2 was blown! Thank you!
sx4rocious

no problem! This is why I love this forum so much!
bootymac

Thanks for sharing the resolution! I've added this thread to the DIY/FAQ index