Service Start System??????

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Motasem

The problem was gear lever or gear shifter cable (Part No. 7) was not adjust probably.
Sorry for the late reply. :D
Attachments
1470330.jpg
1470330.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 5966 times
SamirD

Thank you for the update!

Did someone have adjust the cable or was it just replaced completely?
Motasem

They adjust the cable but I think it's need to be replaced.
Motasem

They adjust the cable but I think it's need to be replaced. Sometimes the light shows up.
SamirD

Good to hear that all it needed was adjusting, and seem like it just needs a bit more. But the issue itself is a bit strange.

Was it always having this issue or did it start after some time? Did anyone ever previously work on the car prior to this problem?

I'm just wondering how this could have gotten out of whack in the first place as it doesn't seem to be a common issue judging by the posts we see. And usually that area of the car isn't touched for routine maintenance.
Motasem

The issue started when the dealer changed gear shiftier after I got for recall in 2015. First issue I had was gear in Park but in display not in P then they adjust the shift cable within a month of driving I got Service Start System when the gear in N position in the display N not shown. And the dealer didn't know the issue was they check it many times, till I found the issue was from the gear shift in N need a little push so, the Service Start System light disappear. I told them the issue they change the gear shift and adjust the cable. Now I'm thinking to change the gear cable.
SamirD

Motasem wrote:The issue started when the dealer changed gear shiftier after I got for recall in 2015. First issue I had was gear in Park but in display not in P then they adjust the shift cable within a month of driving I got Service Start System when the gear in N position in the display N not shown. And the dealer didn't know the issue was they check it many times, till I found the issue was from the gear shift in N need a little push so, the Service Start System light disappear. I told them the issue they change the gear shift and adjust the cable. Now I'm thinking to change the gear cable.
And it's because of nightmare stories like this that I've not taken ours in for the recall.

I would call Suzuki USA and let them know what's going on. This way, if you have any problems outside of warranty that are related to this, you can argue that the issues were probably caused by this 'fix'.

I hate to hear you're having so many problems, but I think you definitely don't need to replace the cable, and they just need to read the support documents on adjusting it versus just playing with it until they think it 'works'. The full service manual is available here and you can read the documentation and procedure so you know exactly what they should be doing. In fact, you could even print the section out and take it to them if they don't have it. You can also get the TSBs and recalls via the Suzuki portal, and I think that's been posted here as well. Some of the TSBs when they are concerning a recall will have the service procedure in the TSB.
Motasem

Okay, Thanks.
Attachments
3-2-ok-png.png
3-2-ok-png.png (67.35 KiB) Viewed 5910 times
SamirD

You're welcome. Hopefully this helps you to get it fixed correctly.
Woodie

SamirD wrote:And it's because of nightmare stories like this that I've not taken ours in for the recall.
I'm astonished by the total incompetence of the vast majority of people.

:facepalm:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency