Service Start System??????

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

Woodie wrote:
SamirD wrote:And it's because of nightmare stories like this that I've not taken ours in for the recall.
I'm astonished by the total incompetence of the vast majority of people.

:facepalm:
Seriously. You go in for a recall on something that could be a problem, and drive out with a bigger problem than would have been caused without the recall fix. :evil:
bootymac

thammer.el-ramahi wrote:Hey guys.

So this is really getting frustrating.

In addition, to initially checking the ACC and ACC2 fuses, I've now changed the key fob battery and the original battery in the car. I've also unplugged the cell phone charger that I had in the dash lighter, and the armrest lighter plus still does not work. The messages usually appears when the car is stationary and in neutral, and from there the frequency of the messages just increases until the car eventually does not crank when I push the start button. A second attempt starts the car without any problem.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will usually clear the problem, but it will reappear at some point in the near future.

Any other thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thanks
It's been a while now but do you have an update or a solution? The "service start system" warning came up on our 2012 Kizashi with 50k km and the original battery. I've already checked the ACC1 and ACC2 fuses (continuity) and the key fob battery (3.07v) and found no issues. I was guessing the original battery was on its way out due to daily short trips and the fact that it only measured 12.5v after a long highway drive. Unfortunately I'm not able to test cranking amps but I did charge the battery for a few hours and not only did the car start right up, but the warning message went away shortly afterwards.

I was hoping a new battery would resolve this but am now unsure after reading your post.
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote:
SamirD wrote:And it's because of nightmare stories like this that I've not taken ours in for the recall.
I'm astonished by the total incompetence of the vast majority of people.

:facepalm:
And knowing this fact, the moral of the story is....IF IT AIN"T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

(received recall reminder #13?? for both the SX4 & Kizashi last week) they still ain't broke, so....
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

That's the moral I stand by........