Service Start System??????

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
~tc~

sx4rocious wrote:Funny thing is, I actually did all that to the electrical system so I WOULDN'T have issues with the electrical system!! :D

BTW, I did place 3rd in the 1996 IASCA midwest finals pro class. I competed in the sound Q+ category with an RTA score of 33, and a SPL score of 156.1 Db. LOL
Wonder if we ever ran across each other ... I was doing IASCA about that time. Ended up with a 5th in SQ+ AMA 1-150 at the World Finals in Greenville, SC in 2000. Won the Spring Break Nationals and other major events several times in my standard cab Toyota pickup
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
sx4rocious

~tc~ wrote:Wonder if we ever ran across each other ... I was doing IASCA about that time. Ended up with a 5th in SQ+ AMA 1-150 at the World Finals in Greenville, SC in 2000. Won the Spring Break Nationals and other major events several times in my standard cab Toyota pickup
huh? we may have!! I actually competed with high current stuff so I could also compete in the 1-150 watt class... most of my events were in the Illinois/Indiana/Mossouri areas tho. I was a small shop without much backing.

One of the reasons I ran with my Saturn was that there were very few real electrical circuits in the car. Crank windows, manual locks, no A\C, no sunroof, not even any real type of VVT anywhere in it that would need any real computing or charging capabilities. When I wired the car, I TOTALLY rewired EVERYTHING to aviod any electrical issues that may arise later. Honestly, the car's alternator was the only thing shared between the running of the car, and the stereo, everything else was kept completely seperate. None of the stereo wiring interfered in any way with the running of the car, and visa versa. This was really what the MBR-70 was for. I even isolated the HU from the stock wiring by building my own wiring harness and running completely new wires for the unit from the battery all the way to and including the speakers. I'm not sure why I had so many issues, but I figured I did it right and was complimented by every judge, critic, and competitor I ran accross for my attention to detail and protection ofthe car's electrical system. Apparently I did something wrong because the car was never the same again....
bharvey88

sx4rocious, did you have to take the dash off? I'm having a problem that is almost identical to yours and was hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer even though it's under warranty. Thanks for your help!
IshaanIan

A couple of days earlier, when I started my in the morning, it threw this up on the MID "service start system". This hasn't come up again so far but I'd like to know why it came up then and if there is anything I ought to do about it :/
Juan

Where did you find the service manual for the kizashi??? That would be good to have.
Ronzuki

search 'service manual sticky' and you should find a thread w/ a link to where I obtained it from. I have no idea if the link is any good at this time.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
sx4rocious

last time I used it (about t month ago) the link worked. I think someone posted it in the beginning of this thread actually. The only part of the dash I had to remove was the cover at the bottom in the driver's side footwell. My problem was linked to two blown fuses. I can't remember what the actual numbers were, but they were marked ACC and ACC2. I hope this is the same issue you're having!! It was a relitively easy fix after I started reading the service manual.
avluis

My link is still up, check my signature, if that is the one that you are looking for.
I did ask in that thread to whoever posts it to link to the url above so that whoever browses it for the first time, is not confused as to why it does not work in Google Chrome.
Other than that, it is still up and running, and I'll do my best to keep it that way.
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
murcod

avluis wrote: Other than that, it is still up and running, and I'll do my best to keep it that way.
Thanks, it's very much appreciated. Are you having any luck with sorting the "dead" sections/ links that don't work.
David
avluis

murcod wrote:
avluis wrote: Other than that, it is still up and running, and I'll do my best to keep it that way.
Thanks, it's very much appreciated. Are you having any luck with sorting the "dead" sections/ links that don't work.
Are you talking about general navigation or just the areas where it would show a pop-up and nothing would be there?
To answer myself: For general navigation you want to use Firefox.
As for those broken pop-up, I've noted that there is a lot of code that just breaks on modern browsers, the manual was written for Windows XP systems and Internet Explorer 6.
Fixing much of it will require re-writing the master pages and JavaScript functions that take care of navigation and so.
And there is a bug that conflicts in general (cross-domain navigation) that I won't be able to fix unless your personal browser is set up for that.
Too much trouble.
What I can do though, is to set up a link for you guys to download a personal copy to your computer and have it run locally in case the website ever goes down. I've set up a python server that will run in Windows and Mac (perhaps Linux as well) that will take care of launching the manual and all.

That way if the website does go down, there is a backup manual.
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.