Headlights going out

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

murcod wrote:I hope nobody minds, but I split the LED conversion discussion over to here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=8&t=2806
I was thinking the same thing since there was so much good discussion around that topic. 8-)
SamirD

SamirD wrote:It's also important to not turn the car off with the lights on. On almost any of my cars if I do this, the bulb will burn out about a month after. :(
And I jinxed myself--turned off the car twice without turning off the lights--and now the driver's side light low-beam is gone. :cry:
jessica.cordeiro

2011 kizashi has had the left headlight out forever because I'm being told that it's like 300$ to replace it due to removing the whole front bumper. Have you all had to keep replacing the headlights?
SamirD

If you have someone else do it, it would probably be that expensive. :o :shock:

However, if you have basic mechanical skills (know how to use a screwdriver and a wrench) and can be careful and watch for details, you can have both headlights out an replaced in a little over an hour--and that's taking your time.

I recently changed all the bulbs as they had all gone out, planning with the next iteration to convert everything to LED and HID--and then of course a bulb went out last week. :evil:

I've gone through more headlight bulbs on the Kizashi than all my other cars combined--and I own 10.
FrankoLaMoya

Hey Jessica, you could change that yourself or ask someone who knows a little bit of mechanic..... but even at the garage it should definitely not cost you $300 to change headlight bulbs...lol should be like $150 max. It seems like they are trying to rip you off if you were told that. I did it myself once (I honestly do not know much about mechanic) and I was able to change both headlight bulbs in an hour and a half.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
LPSISRL

2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
josh.hayes

I would like to add how much of a pain in the ass it is to change the headlights on this damn car. It's not necessarily "hard." It is just a long process. I've never had it take me 45 minutes to change two headlights. Lol. :roll:
Tom Kizzie

maybe i am better not using the autoheadlightmode? I am used to all my suzukies never needing a new bulb. Thats something for other brands..mostly not japanese. Its one of the reasons to drive suzuki :D
kizashi 6mt black
Speed_Racer

Tom Kizzie wrote:maybe i am better not using the autoheadlightmode? I am used to all my suzukies never needing a new bulb. Thats something for other brands..mostly not japanese. Its one of the reasons to drive suzuki :D
It probably won't make a difference. I don't have auto headlights and I'm on my third set of headlight bulbs anyways :facepalm:
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KuroNekko

Tom Kizzie wrote:maybe i am better not using the autoheadlightmode? I am used to all my suzukies never needing a new bulb. Thats something for other brands..mostly not japanese. Its one of the reasons to drive suzuki :D
Were you the guy in Europe that imported a USDM (American model) Kizashi? All USDM Kizashi came with the notorious halogens that burn out quick. Some higher spec Kizashis in other countries came with factory HID (Xenon discharge) lights so this issue doesn't apply to them. Others like myself have upgraded the stock halogens for aftermarket HID or LED kits which is a way to avoid this halogen headache. I installed my current HID kit over four years ago and I'm still running on the same bulbs and ballasts.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)