Replacing Chrome Accent on SLS and GTS Sport

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

So I've noticed a crack in the driver's side one for a while now and it's really starting to bother me. The chrome isn't pierced, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time, and then it will start to flake and look ugly.

I think the damage happened when the previous owner didn't see how much of a dip there was in the road and the front scraped pretty hard. I think the flexing caused the accent to snap internally. :( I cringed because I was riding with him to the bank to finalize the paperwork on the car. :(

It seems like this piece would be part of the front bumper, and maybe there's a way to change it from the back if the front bumper is off. I thought it might be easy to access via the underneath, but after looking at the for light adjustment procedure, that seems like a dead end.

Any ideas on how to repair this without too much pain?
murcod

The front bar is fairly easy (and quick) to remove. There are other threads on here showing how to do it; it will be a lot easier than trying to work from underneath.
David
SamirD

murcod wrote:The front bar is fairly easy (and quick) to remove. There are other threads on here showing how to do it; it will be a lot easier than trying to work from underneath.
I searched but couldn't find them. :( Link?