Dash lights and more out

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ronzuki

chazyouwin wrote: I don't know how a wire breaks - had some warranty work done there and maybe that started it.

Also they would not call the district manager to see if the warranty covered it. The manager said that Suzuki wouldn't cover a broken wire (I suspect he was more concerned that Suzuki wouldn't cover the three-plus hours sent diagnosing.
Ahhh...the infamous dealer injected problems to generate future cash flow. One of the lowest forms of thievery. If you personally were never back there to cause the issue, it should be under warranty, period. Call ASMC yourself and complain. Might be a moot point now, but it's worth a $400 shot. The dealer wouldn't want to explain how a wire was broken in the first place, demonstrating their incompetence, if they were the ones already back there and cause it unintentionally or not. It's easier and more profitable for you to simply pay.
chazyouwin wrote:And get this - they had to spend time to retrieve a schematic; although authorized Suzuki service center and former large Suzuki dealer, they did not have a Suzuki Kizashi manual.
This place you went to sounds like a real winner.
Nope, no printed service manuals exist for the Kizashi, all on-line. Great isn't it?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
chazyouwin

Yes, I thought about complaining to Suzuki. This is the same Green Brook NJ shop that replaced my Rockford Fosgate unit and then found it was something else. Didn't complain then as it was under warranty and just "cost" several hours of time. They did do a nice job last month on the rear shocks, but then again they sold me the car with the shocks already creaking. We'll see.

This reminds me of my old Mercedes - a seemingly reputable shop cut a main electrical wire down to a few threads which might last a few months. Fortunately another guy saw it and repaired it for me gratis.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
SamirD

chazyouwin wrote:So got the car back - invoice says "Communication IPC Control Module Wire Broken, Diag Performed and Repaired Wire Wire XC9100 Behind Cluster Assembly." Invoice is $428 including tax. They tried to charge nearly $600 for four hours labor; had told me diagnostic fee was only going to be flat $129.95 and we settled the discrepancy at $400 plus tax. Not pleased with the experience but car seems to be working. I don't know how a wire breaks - had some warranty work done there and maybe that started it.

Also they would not call the district manager to see if the warranty covered it. The manager said that Suzuki wouldn't cover a broken wire (I suspect he was more concerned that Suzuki wouldn't cover the three-plus hours sent diagnosing.

And get this - they had to spend time to retrieve a schematic; although authorized Suzuki service center and former large Suzuki dealer, they did not have a Suzuki Kizashi manual.
This sounds like a classic 'they messed up' scenario. Suzuki USA would definitely have covered a broken wire that broke on its own accord under warranty--any manufacturer would.

And that's why they didn't try to go the route of warranty. Because they would have had to eat the time and do the work for free, which they rightfully should have anyways.

Interesting that they didn't have the schematic. Any of us can have it for $20 as the official Suzuki online service manual is still alive and well.

I would call Suzuki USA, especially if your car is under warranty and have them reimburse you or at least submit a request via their abitration system if they won't outright cover it. You might get at least something back.
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:Ahhh...the infamous dealer injected problems to generate future cash flow. One of the lowest forms of thievery. If you personally were never back there to cause the issue, it should be under warranty, period. Call ASMC yourself and complain. Might be a moot point now, but it's worth a $400 shot. The dealer wouldn't want to explain how a wire was broken in the first place, demonstrating their incompetence, if they were the ones already back there and cause it unintentionally or not. It's easier and more profitable for you to simply pay.
I hate scum like this with a passion. :evil: I love it when places like this go out of business, and rightfully so!