Suzuki Scan Tool?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
smsmart

SamirD wrote:Bummer that it doesn't work with the Kizashi. I guess the only tool so far is the real deal, which doesn't surprise me. Aftermarket shops would be all over compatible tools that are under $1000.
Well, there is that other option of the Toyota/Suzuki SDT "knock-off" that's going for ~$400. But who knows if that works with the Kizashi either. :?:
murcod

So, on the 2004 XL-7.... It connected and read (some) data from the ABS, SRS, auto trans, engine (I think- it wasn't too clear and appeared to be combined with the A/T :? ) and supposedly the BCM. There was absolutely nothing for the climate control system, security or anything like that.

I had historical fault codes for all four ABS sensors (no surprises- they're notorious for it), the "4WD G sensor" :? , outside temperature sensor and one for a CANBUS failure. I reset them all and they appeared to clear okay. I was able to monitor the outside temperature sensor and it was reading fine- so most likely a glitch. The ABS light hasn't been on for a good year or so - as I said they were all historical faults and not currently flagged (the ABS light on is a common complaint on Grand Vitara's.) There was a test procedure I could have run where you jack up the vehicle and rotate each wheel (as requested) to check the signals - I didn't bother trying that out.

I would describe it's functionality as very limited- certainly it's not up to the level I was hoping for. It appears to have the capability - but only if the relevant vehicle specific software is fully up to speed for your vehicle. Clearly the XL-7 has only limited functionality- compared to what they claim the X431 can do. :(

I'll try the Kizashi in the next couple of days. Not that I'm expecting much. ;)

PS: It's also full of "Engrish" and far from the easiest software to navigate through. :|
David
Ronzuki

murcod wrote:It's handy how all this info is hidden until after you buy their product! (You can't activate the Idiag Android software without entering the code supplied with their interface.) There is nothing anywhere I can find where supported models are listed.
Exactly the point of my earlier question regarding the software.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
murcod

Ronzuki wrote:
murcod wrote:It's handy how all this info is hidden until after you buy their product! (You can't activate the Idiag Android software without entering the code supplied with their interface.) There is nothing anywhere I can find where supported models are listed.
Exactly the point of my earlier question regarding the software.
Is that some sort of expression of gratitude for me spending the money, doing the research and posting the results? :?

If everyone just sat back and bagged products we'd never find out what works! It's also the reason why there is so little aftermarket support for the Kizashi.

I've bought the product, I've contacted the developer regarding Kizashi development. They will possibly take notice and might do work in that area.

Sometimes you get excellent results, other times things don't work out so well.
David
Ronzuki

Nope, not at all. I'm a firm believer in knowing what the specs and features are of anything before purchase. If that type of simple information can't be easily obtained, then most likely something is being hidden (lying by omission). This type of tactic is especially true from the mass producers of junk in the far east. Therefore, said item isn't worth purchasing. Basically, I was just questioning if you had definitively learned, before hardware purchase, exactly what software you could acquire and what features said software was actually going to provide you with. You had commented that I need to read deeper. I had. and was left wanting for answers. All I saw was 'buy the hardware first, then we'll grace you with the possibility of it working in your particular application'. Hence my earlier question, inquiring about the software to learn if you had found out something I had not been able to from their misleading web-site.

I do credit you for taking the plunge to test the device.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
murcod

You've glossed over that I've got two Suzuki's - it wasn't just a purchase for the Kizashi. The Australian Suzuki models weren't OBDII compliant until post Jan 2006 - so my 2004 XL-7 won't communicate (full stop) with any off the shelf scan tool. I've now got the capability to connect to more systems on it than any generic tool can do.

I still haven't got around to hooking up the Kizashi.
David
smsmart

Thanks for testing it out for us murcod! Sorry to hear that the device doesn't quite work the way we had hoped, but at least we're a bit wiser now :)