Stuck CVT then no Cruise control

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SX4toKizashi

Today we decided to take the car for a long drive. I used cruise control the whole time till 200km later when I suddenly felt the CVT was stuck in one ratio (it felt like it was in the simulated 4th or maybe 5th gear). Paddle shifter weren't responding even in manumatic mode. I couldn't go any faster then 100km/hr since the RPM was already at 3800 and not shifting up. I continued to drive for about 4KM more hoping CVT would release it self but it did not. I then decided to pull over in the gravel covered shoulder. I stopped the engine for 10 seconds and started the engine again. It drove fine for about 10km and then it happened again. Drove for another 5 km and it happened again then CEL finally came on. I then decided to stop at a service center to rest the car for 10 minutes and to check CTV fluid.

We continued our journey with the CEL on but I was in manual mode the whole time. Pulleys never got stuck in manual mode.

By the way Cruise control stopped working (CRUISE light on dash not lighting up) since the CEL came on.

I will take the car back to the dealer on Monday. I hope it is nothing serious.
Moto
Site Admin

You have seen this post right? Although your symptoms sound like it might be something different.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=13&t=138

You and RickStar should try to see if your cars were manufactured around the same time. (they don't login often so they may be hard to contact)
TheHolyGhost

This could be related to the "recall" others have mentioned regarding programming of the CVT.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
SX4toKizashi

I brought the car in today for service and they did upgrade the ECU software. There were 2 upgrades but they did not tell me the full details about them.

Maybe this is just in my head but the car did feel a bit more responsive and accelerates a bit better after the upgrade. The real-time gas consumption meter also seems I am getting better gas mile age but can't really confirm anything till I drive it a bit more. I'm really hoping I am not just imagining these things.

I'll just wait till someone one confirms the effect of the upgrade before I get all excited.