Odd rumble when giving Kizashi gas from complete stop?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

Interesting about Denver and the 85. I used to live on a 5500 ft high area in the Southern California mountains they carried standard fuel grades. There are communities at even higher elevations like Big Bear, CA which is closer to 6500 ft and they have the standard octanes from what I recall.

Regardless, if it's not pinging from the grade of fuel, it could have been some bad gasoline assuming it was even gas related. I'd still not use 85 anyways and go as close to 87 as I can.

Regarding the engine cover: These things just pop off and snap back on. Make sure when you remove it that the rubber fittings did not come off and stay on the cover. The rubber fittings should stay on the engine. When replacing it, align the cover and then press firmly down. It should pop back in place and the cover should feel snug.

I had a problem replacing a loose engine cover at the Washington Auto Show on a Fiat 500L. I could not get it to go back on no matter how hard I tried. The display girls then came over and called over a guy working with them who then took the rubber fittings off of the cover and put them on the engine first. I overlooked this as it's never occurred on my Mazda or Suzuki before.
Side note: the Fiats have horrible build quality. Things are very cheaply assembled and all the rubber fittings coming off that easily with the cover is one small example.

Many newer cars use these covers for aesthetics, but the main reason is for dampening engine noises. That's why they have the insulation on the underside of the cover.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:The display girls then came over...
Hey! Where's the pic of these?!? :lol:
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
OMG they were so hot but I didn't want to be a creep taking photos of them.
I actually talked to one who worked at a Nissan display. She told me that most of them were actually employed through a marketing firm that was contracted with the auto manufacturers. They then get trained my auto companies to say what they say, but aren't actual employees of these car companies.
It made a lot of sense given these people are A) way too attractive B) don't know a lot of technical detail and C) the Washington Auto Show isn't a major one that debuts cars.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote:
OMG they were so hot but I didn't want to be a creep taking photos of them.
I actually talked to one who worked at a Nissan display. She told me that most of them were actually employed through a marketing firm that was contracted with the auto manufacturers. They then get trained my auto companies to say what they say, but aren't actual employees of these car companies.
It made a lot of sense given these people are A) way too attractive B) don't know a lot of technical detail and C) the Washington Auto Show isn't a major one that debuts cars.
LOL! These girls are 'promotional models' who are usually paid quite well ($20/hr+) and are sourced locally through talent agencies. It's their job to look pretty and get people interested in the product and represent the brand as an object to look at. They're usually given direction to guide any serious inquiries to company staff that travel with the show materials.

So let me share some of my experience on photographing women like this. :mrgreen:

1. They LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE to take photos. They really do love their job, especially when working with a photographer that knows how to make them look good.

2. Don't be shy to point a camera in their direction. Just watch their eyes and body language--either they're loving the attention or they're not. If they're not, cancel your shot and move on--no matter how badly you want a picture of her.

3. Don't hesitate to continue taking pictures of the same girl if she still keeps giving you different poses/looks. She wants to model and wants you to take the picture! So do it!

4. Pose them. They love to be told to do things that make the shot even better. Put your hand on your hip, rotate your body a bit more, smile a little less, etc. They'll respond very well to directions if they believe you're making them look great.

Case in point--I spent 20 minutes shooting with this girl at SEMA in 2011 and we both had a lot of fun creating some cool pictures: :D

5. Be sure to show them the end result. Give you a chance to get close to an uber pretty girl who might not give you the time of day otherwise. Most of the time, they'll even give you contact info to send them the photo.

6. Don't expect anything. Girls like this are professionals and usually have someone in their life, or are totally crazy and full of so much drama that even their looks can't keep someone in their life. It's never bad to keep in touch with them as friends, especially if they're doing the show year after year (which many will do). But don't ever expect anything to grow out of this unless you become really, really great friends (it can happen, but it's a really long shot).

Case in point--one of my best girl friends (that space is very important for my wife! lol):

7. Most importantly--have fun!
KuroNekko

Check this article out on "booth babes":
http://jalopnik.com/the-hilarious-and-a ... 1518921029

Also, sorry for going off topic, but I hope the issue was resolved by this point.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Check this article out on "booth babes":
http://jalopnik.com/the-hilarious-and-a ... 1518921029

Also, sorry for going off topic, but I hope the issue was resolved by this point.
Very interesting. These are the full-time ones, but there's also a lot of local ones hired to make up the whole staff. Cool insight. 8-)