Footwell LED?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Here's the driver side panel with the new LED in. There's a nice flat spot right next to the stock light. I used wire taps on the stock wiring for power (white is +, gray is -).

The use of LED holders allows me to simply pull the LED out when I remove the panel in the future.

No finished pictures but it's pretty much the same as the stock light but red.
Nice. I suppose you are doing the passenger side too?
You are aware you can control them via the main set-up menu so they come on and stay on with the headlights, right?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:
bootymac wrote:Here's the driver side panel with the new LED in. There's a nice flat spot right next to the stock light. I used wire taps on the stock wiring for power (white is +, gray is -).

The use of LED holders allows me to simply pull the LED out when I remove the panel in the future.

You are aware you can control them via the main set-up menu so they come on and stay on with the headlights, right?
Yup, will be doing the passenger side when I find time. I went over the manual on how to remove the panel but I haven't inspected it in person yet. Looks easy enough though

I've already enabled them to turn on with the rest of the lights. This is actually why I wanted red LEDs; so the footwell lighting matches the rest of the ambient lighting
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:

Yup, will be doing the passenger side when I find time. I went over the manual on how to remove the panel but I haven't inspected it in person yet. Looks easy enough though

I've already enabled them to turn on with the rest of the lights. This is actually why I wanted red LEDs; so the footwell lighting matches the rest of the ambient lighting
Makes sense. I tried them on once, but had to turn them off as I found it distracting. I guess it can be good for the passenger, but not really beneficial for the driver. I personally like things dim in the car so I can focus on the road. It's actually a trucker tip to dim the instrument lights and everything around so your eyes can better focus on the road at night. I do this on long drives at night.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Here's the finished product. Excuse the phone camera photo. It's the same brightness as the stock lights
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1392093991253.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392093991253.jpg (12.21 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
SamirD

Looks great. 8-) Just like the factory should have made them.