Repairs statistcs

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
masch

Hallo KIZASHIs,
i have two options :
To sell my KIZASHI in August 2014, or to drive it some years more. Please tell me the defective of your cars in a list.

KIZASHI 4x4
Year : 8/ 2011
Km : 30 000 > 18.640 miles
no repairs

Thank you very much for your answers.
Many greetings :drive:
Sorry, my English is not so good, but i will do my best.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KuroNekko

Hi.

There is a thread somewhere on this forum regarding the repairs that members have done.
From my recollection and experience on this forum, here are the main issues with the car:

1) Serpentine belt tensioner failure. It was subject to a recall early on so newer models do not seem affected. Owners rarely talk about this now.

2) Paint chipping issues. Some 2010 models have paint that chips off easily, especially on the hood. Supposedly remedied for 2011 and up. Paint on the Kizashi is not as good as normal cars, but not too many complaints after model year 2010.

3) Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) failures. Some people have had horrible luck with them and had multiple transmissions replaced. Some others have no issues with their CVTs in at high mileage (looking at you, Weshoot2). If you have 4x4 (AWD), then you have a CVT.

4) Rear shock failure. It was subject to a Technical Service Bulletin. The faulty design of the rear bump stopper promoted rear shock corrosion that led to shocks failing. Warranty covers this. This happened to my vehicle and I had it fixed under warranty.

5) A few have had difficulty linking their phones to the Bluetooth system. I think it depends on the phone more than the car. Mine has worked flawlessly with Blackberry and iPhone/iPod devices.

Overall, these issues are not major problems with the car. The CVT failures are concerning, but they are not prevalent among CVT Kizashis. CVT failures are also not unique to the Kizashi and are reported across many brands that use them.
Given that the Kizashi is relatively a problem-free car, I would keep it if I were you. It's a car that offers a lot of value because it's affordable yet packed with features. The car also has a very high safety rating, beating out most of its competition.
Many rivals are being recalled for faulty electronics, rusts issues, fire risks, etc. which are all far more serious than the problems with the Kizashi.

Simply, if you like the car, keep it. I'm not sure how well they hold resale value in Germany, but in the US and Canada, you will take a loss on resale value given Suzuki no longer sells cars in these markets.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
masch

Hallo,
thank you very much for this answer. I translate it with the translatermashin. I understand what you mean.
Yes, i like the KIZASHI, but i am afraid to pay much money for repairs after some years.I drive last 30 years each car only for 3 years, with fullgarantie.The KIZASHI ist the best car, i ever had.
Alternativ to KIZASHI ist the new SUZUKI SX 4 S-Cross or SUBARU XV.....
http://auto.suzuki.de/suzuki-modelle/su ... x4-s-cross
http://www.subaru.de/suv-modelle/kompak ... ru-xv.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bootymac

Then we have WESHOOT2, who has put his Kizashi through hell and back without any issues

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=750
KuroNekko

Oh the Kizashi is a better car than the SX4 S-Cross or Subaru Impreza XV in terms of refinement. The Kizashi is more upscale.

The new S-Cross and the XV are better if you want to go offroad or have deeper snow where you live. However, both have smaller engines and are slower than the Kizashi. They also won't handle as well as the Kizashi.

If you like the Kizashi, keep it. I really don't think the S-Cross or XV will be improvements worth leaving the Kizashi for.

Auf Wiedersehen!
masch

@bootymac : Thank you..., now i have enough to read the next 4 weeks :lol: :lol:
@KuroNekko : I like s-cross und XV...., but i love the KIZASHI
Problem: I must buy 4 new pneus for sommer and 4 for winter. One pneu is 270 € !!!
I must pay the 3. service = 300 €
I must pay the technik chek 100 €
I must pay the garantie extension 450 € / 2 years
Together its a lot of money, so perhaps its better, to buy a new car---or not :?: :?:
many greetings :drive:
KuroNekko

masch wrote:@bootymac : Thank you..., now i have enough to read the next 4 weeks :lol: :lol:
Problem: I must buy 4 new pneus for sommer and 4 for winter. One pneu is 270 € !!!
Together its a lot of money, so perhaps its better, to buy a new car---or not :?: :?:
That's a lot of money for tires and the inspection, but I think they are worth it to keep the car if you love it. The S-Cross and XV are good cars, but not as nice as the Kizashi. After all, the SX-4 S-Cross is below the Kizashi in the Suzuki fleet.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
masch wrote:@bootymac : Thank you..., now i have enough to read the next 4 weeks :lol: :lol:
That's a lot of money for tires and the inspection, but I think they are worth it to keep the car if you love it. The S-Cross and XV are good cars, but not as nice as the Kizashi. After all, the SX-4 S-Cross is below the Kizashi in the Suzuki fleet.
Plus, the only savings you're going to have is the difference in cost to service these vehicles (if any), so keeping the Kizashi may be the cheapest option in the end.
masch

I think so, too ;)
masch

http://www.focus.de/auto/neuheiten/klei ... 02731.html
You have seen this car ? I think, it is good for my daughter.