Trunk release - internal

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SteveYoung

Hi, UK spec Kizashi has the internal boot (trunk) release disabled. The button is there but has a blanking cover over it. Does anybody know if it's just a case of connecting the switch, or re-fitting a fuse to make it work? Thanks!
KuroNekko

No idea, but you can easily remove the panel where the trunk release button is to see if you have wiring. The panel is only held my 2 or 3 screws and clips into place.

Any idea why the UK model would not have an internal trunk release button?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

It might be to do with the UK's Thatcham vehicle security ratings? http://www.thatcham.org/security
David
SamirD

Interesting. Did you find any wires inside the panel? If not, that wiring harness may be the only thing you need to make it work since the switch is there.
keith

The cable connector has been tied back onto the wiring harness, unclip this and reconnect to the switch which is still in place behind the blacking plate. There should be a cut out or a raised edge which goes to the top. This will reinstate the boot release and illuminate at night once you remove the blacking cover.
SteveYoung

Thanks, so what's the best way to access the wiring/ back of switch?
KuroNekko

SteveYoung wrote:Thanks, so what's the best way to access the wiring/ back of switch?
Remove the lower panel. Very easy. I did it this past weekend for routing my dash cam wiring.

Remove two screws on the bottom corners of the panel. There's one near the OBDII port area and another on the other side, close to the center console area.
After those two screws are out, gently pull the panel out. The top half is kept in place by clips so they just pop out.
Once you pull that off, you will have better access to the area behind the trunk release button.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
SteveYoung wrote:Thanks, so what's the best way to access the wiring/ back of switch?
Remove the lower panel. Very easy. I did it this past weekend for routing my dash cam wiring.

Remove two screws on the bottom corners of the panel. There's one near the OBDII port area and another on the other side, close to the center console area.
After those two screws are out, gently pull the panel out. The top half is kept in place by clips so they just pop out.
Once you pull that off, you will have better access to the area behind the trunk release button.
Is it easy to access the 4-switch panel from here as well?
SteveYoung

I found and connected the trunk release plug, all working now. The panel holding the start button and the four other switches just unclipped after the lower panel had been removed.
SamirD

SteveYoung wrote:I found and connected the trunk release plug, all working now. The panel holding the start button and the four other switches just unclipped after the lower panel had been removed.
Thank you!

The start button is on the other side of the four switch bank on the LHD version, so we probably won't have easy access to that.