This is a bad kizashi

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
DWenz

I was gonna write omen, but that was funny... to me anyway.
Get it? Kizashi - omen. I'm a riot...

So I am 1400 miles from home. Before I left I had the tires rotated. Well the dumbass didn't do such a hot job because now I'm short one wheel nut. My apologies to whomever found it rolling down the highway launched from the Kizashi doing 100+mph.

Anyway, I called the dealer saying I need a lug nut, any suggestions? ...and got alot of "duh uh what? um no sorry" etc.

I go to NAPA and they can't even find the car in the system, or anything Suzuki for that matter. And the guy says "didn't they just go out of business" Um, yeah what did you do delete them from your system? "Uh I guess so."

I call dealer again thinking maybe they know or can find the size as there must be some universal aspect to these... right? A nut from another car must fit. I got another round of "duh uh what? um no sorry, but I found the torque spec." So I said GOOD tell the monkey who does the tire rotations what it is.

I'm fairly confident it's fine and I will drive home with 19 instead of 20, but does anyone know if these are somewhat universal and if one from another car will work?

This is not a good sign of things to come with regards to parts....

Thanks in advance!
2013 SLS AWD
~tc~

Yes they are universal - the spec is on here somewhere, but just grab a handful and see which goes on!

Posted from tapatalk
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
bootymac

I believe the lug nuts are M12x1.25 cone seat
DWenz

thanks for the help guys.
2013 SLS AWD
KuroNekko

I swear these service stations hire the most apathetic, careless people out there.

When my dad got new tires on the VW camper, he asked for them to put the spare back on the front mount and replace all the other ones with new tires. Well they did that but did not even put any lug nuts on the spare tire. It could have fallen off with hard braking. I noticed the spare mounted without any nuts and so I told my dad who went back to get the nuts from these "pros". This was after they took nearly 4 hours to do a job they initially said 45 minutes for.

I already wrote about the time I helped my co-worker who had all her nuts on one wheel loose from the dealer so the wheel was actually wobbling on the studs when she drove.

I mean how hard is it to check your work? These people shouldn't even be allowed to touch a car with that kind of poor workmanship.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

DWenz wrote:This is not a good sign of things to come with regards to parts....
...the parts aren't the problem, it's the brain-dead people you are forced to interact with. That is "not a good sign of things to come".

BTW, I believe Grand Vitara lugs are M12x1.25 cone seat for search purposes.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

Ronzuki wrote:
DWenz wrote:This is not a good sign of things to come with regards to parts....
...the parts aren't the problem, it's the brain-dead people you are forced to interact with. That is "not a good sign of things to come".

BTW, I believe Grand Vitara lugs are M12x1.25 cone seat for search purposes.
Yup, the SX4 uses the same lug nuts too. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a matching replacement
SamirD

This is why I even rotate my tires myself. :roll:

Yep, it takes a total of 5 tire changes, but it gives me practice doing a tire change, allows me to check for anything else that might be wrong, and gives me comfort knowing everything is torqued correctly and in the correct order (has you can warp rotors if it's not done right).
Woodie

SamirD wrote:This is why I even rotate my tires myself. :roll:

Yep, it takes a total of 5 tire changes, but it gives me practice doing a tire change, allows me to check for anything else that might be wrong, and gives me comfort knowing everything is torqued correctly and in the correct order (has you can warp rotors if it's not done right).

THIS

Get a good look at the brakes, tire wear, suspension. A little time spent with your car can be invaluable.

Of course, it's really unlikely that I'm going to rotate my tires right now:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
SamirD

Woodie wrote:
SamirD wrote:This is why I even rotate my tires myself. :roll:

THIS

Get a good look at the brakes, tire wear, suspension. A little time spent with your car can be invaluable.

Of course, it's really unlikely that I'm going to rotate my tires right now:
Yep, I caught a leaking rubber brake line on my Accord that way, halfway broken sway bar endlinks on the Altima, and torn caliper boots on the Galant. A quick glance can save you more than it costs. Of course, you can hope someone else will do it for you...

But definitely not in that type of snow. Well...not without a lift. ;) :lol: