Headlights burning out too fast.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
BraxMan

I have had my 2011 Kizashi for almost a year, and have changed the headlights 3 times. I have tried halogen bulbs, standard bulbs and now Xenon. it has been the left bulb once and the right bulb once and this time both, it is also only the low beams that go, has anyone else experienced an issue similar to this?
2011 Black SE
honsonwong

The similar happened to my Camry. First was left side, couple months later, the right side, and then, left side, and then right side. The last time, I changed the both sides at the same time even through only one side has burnt, then it lasted over 5/6 yrs until I sold the car.
~tc~

Usually, this is a result of low voltage at the lights. The solution is to go with a relay kit that takes the power straight off the battery. The BEST solution is to change to an HID kit that includes one of these harnesses .... I got mine from theretrofitsource.com and they are GREAT!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
murcod

Braxman - do you have your head lights (low beam) on a lot?

PS: Do you also know to be careful when changing the bulbs - not to touch the glass section of the bulb?
David
SamirD

If you are manually turning on the lights (not on auto), and turn the car off before turning off the lights, you can quickly burn out a bulb. I've done this on numerous cars accidentally...including our Kizashi. :(