TPMS Help Needed

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
stackz

before you ask...YES, I've tried the SamirD way (well the guy he helped with the release pressure thing) and it does NOT work for me.

Heck, I cant even get it to go into test mode with the door switch method in ACC position.

Anyway, here's the background:

we want to trade in our 2010 kizashi at carmax. it had bald tires, they said they would up the value by $1000 with new tires. Ok, I got new tires from discounttire.com for $250 + $50 install at firestone. I'll spend $300 to make $700. common sense if you ask me.

firestone had a snap-on scan tool. said it wouldnt recognize the RR sensor. I went online and bought a VDO SE10001HP sensor from amazon.

took back to firestone, they put the sensor in and it still would not read it.

called discount tire and they said they've had issues with TPMS tools and suzuki's and that they have found that only Wheeltech 400+ or Bartech 9000 units work. I called around and geralds tire in my area uses them. Took to two different geralds and they said they read the sensors and to drive the car 10 miles or so and it would clear. Neither time it cleared after driving.

Also, at the second geralds I told him of the issue and he got his obd2 cable and physically hooked to the obd2 port with the scan tool. It was showing all four sensors reading...3 were at 38psi and one was at 39psi and there were no codes being thrown. He said its likely a TPMS computer issue. car only has 46k on it and did not have any codes before the new tires were put on.

The suzuki dealership in town closed down so I cant even take it to the stealership to have them diagnose it properly. Are there any other dealerships that can service suzuki cars properly? This is turning into a nightmare that I should have just traded the car with the bald tires...

I am going to add a little bit of air to each tire this afternoon since the 38psi is right at what the door sticker says but still, I highly doubt that is what is causing this...
sx4rocious

try a toyota dealer. I have heard from the SX4 forums that they share a lot of parts. I wouldn't know why the TPMS would be any different.

Also, our nieghborhood Nissan dealer is ready and willing to work on both my Suzukis and seem to be confidently familiar with them. Might check around with import dealers and ask. TPMS resets shouldn't set you back too much if you find someone willing to give it a go...
Ronzuki

If it were me and didn't have a zuk service center I trusted nearby, I'd try a Nissan dealer as mentioned. They were in bed together with the Equator/Frontier pick-up and many of the parts appear to be from the same sources. My Suzuki dealer claims the Kizashi is nothing but an Altima in a different skin...we disagree/banter with one another every time I go there. There's actually probably some truth to it though.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:If it were me and didn't have a zuk service center I trusted nearby, I'd try a Nissan dealer as mentioned. They were in bed together with the Equator/Frontier pick-up and many of the parts appear to be from the same sources. My Suzuki dealer claims the Kizashi is nothing but an Altima in a different skin...we disagree/banter with one another every time I go there. There's actually probably some truth to it though.
The Altima and Kizashi have very little if nothing in common other than parts suppliers. Their chassis are not related. The reason why they shared some models like the Frontier/Equator is because of the JDM. Suzuki provided Nissan with kei-cars that they branded as Nissans. Only recently did Nissan develop their bespoke kei-car. Same thing with Subaru and Mazda. Neither make their own keis so they have Daihatsu and Suzuki make them for them, respectively.
Suzuki and Daihatsu are the kei-car kings while Honda trails in at 3rd. Mitsubishi makes their own too, but aren't nearly as popular as Suzuki or Daihatsu or even Honda for that matter. Nissan just got into making their own Kei-car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

:mrgreen: key FOBs look the same to me :mrgreen:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote::mrgreen: key FOBs look the same to me :mrgreen:
Same key fob supplier: Calsonic Kansei Corp.
They are big Japanese auto parts supplier.
This company built the A/C compressor in my 1995 Subaru Impreza which never failed.
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:
This company built the A/C compressor in my 1995 Subaru Impreza which never failed.
Cool, I didn't know about this. I came across this and I wonder if our keys have the same problem?

http://m.autoblog.com/2007/05/24/keep-e ... an-i-keys/
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
Cool, I didn't know about this. I came across this and I wonder if our keys have the same problem?

http://m.autoblog.com/2007/05/24/keep-e ... an-i-keys/
Given the issue occurred with 2007 Nissan models, I'm sure that the matter was resolved for when the Kizashi debuted in 2009 for Model Year 2010.
ipaqxman

stackz wrote:before you ask...YES, I've tried the SamirD way (well the guy he helped with the release pressure thing) and it does NOT work for me.

Heck, I cant even get it to go into test mode with the door switch method in ACC position.

we want to trade in our 2010 kizashi at carmax. it had bald tires, they said they would up the value by $1000 with new tires. Ok, I got new tires from discounttire.com for $250 + $50 install at firestone. I'll spend $300 to make $700. common sense if you ask me.

firestone had a snap-on scan tool. said it wouldnt recognize the RR sensor. I went online and bought a VDO SE10001HP sensor from amazon.

called discount tire and they said they've had issues with TPMS tools and suzuki's and that they have found that only Wheeltech 400+ or Bartech 9000 units work. I called around and geralds tire in my area uses them. Took to two different geralds and they said they read the sensors and to drive the car 10 miles or so and it would clear. Neither time it cleared after driving.

Also, at the second geralds I told him of the issue and he got his obd2 cable and physically hooked to the obd2 port with the scan tool. It was showing all four sensors reading...3 were at 38psi and one was at 39psi and there were no codes being thrown. He said its likely a TPMS computer issue. car only has 46k on it and did not have any codes before the new tires were put on.

The suzuki dealership in town closed down so I cant even take it to the stealership to have them diagnose it properly. Are there any other dealerships that can service suzuki cars properly? This is turning into a nightmare that I should have just traded the car with the bald tires...

I am going to add a little bit of air to each tire this afternoon since the 38psi is right at what the door sticker says but still, I highly doubt that is what is causing this...
Sorry but I am confused. What about the original sensors on the bald tire/rim
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
SamirD

stackz wrote:before you ask...YES, I've tried the SamirD way (well the guy he helped with the release pressure thing) and it does NOT work for me.

Sorry I'm a bit late to your thread, but this is an easy fix.

First, you need to be able to get the car into relearn mode yourself. Keep trying the procedure, following each step PRECISELY. It should work, period.

Once you're able to get the car into relearn mode, do the same tire pressure reduction method on each tire to get them to register. Best to do this at a gas station so you can immediately fill them back up. This should be it.

Shops will have problems reading/triggering the sensors. I tried a wheeltech tool as well as an ATEQ one. In stock form, neither would do it reliably. Only until I got a firmware update from ATEQ did I have a reliable tool. But the tire pressure method is cheaper and faster.

Let me know what happens. I'm always terribly curious about others' tpms issues since I know so much about the system now because of my experience.

Hey, and depending where you are, just drive over and I'll do it for you. I'm in MKE until Monday night, then I'm in HSV.
Last edited by SamirD on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.