TPMS Help Needed

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:If it were me and didn't have a zuk service center I trusted nearby, I'd try a Nissan dealer as mentioned. They were in bed together with the Equator/Frontier pick-up and many of the parts appear to be from the same sources. My Suzuki dealer claims the Kizashi is nothing but an Altima in a different skin...we disagree/banter with one another every time I go there. There's actually probably some truth to it though.
Oddly enough our sensors are the same as...wait for it...plymouth! Yep, certain Jeeps, Dodge and Plymouth products use a similarly coded sensor.

But to be honest, there's no point in using a triggering tool--just let a little air out. It's more reliable and is free!
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
Ronzuki wrote::mrgreen: key FOBs look the same to me :mrgreen:
Same key fob supplier: Calsonic Kansei Corp.
They are big Japanese auto parts supplier.
This company built the A/C compressor in my 1995 Subaru Impreza which never failed.
Calsonic also makes great radiators and fan assemblies. 8-)
SamirD

sx4rocious wrote:try a toyota dealer. I have heard from the SX4 forums that they share a lot of parts. I wouldn't know why the TPMS would be any different.

Also, our nieghborhood Nissan dealer is ready and willing to work on both my Suzukis and seem to be confidently familiar with them. Might check around with import dealers and ask. TPMS resets shouldn't set you back too much if you find someone willing to give it a go...
TPMS is pretty easy for anyone to reset if they know the procedure. But even for pros, there's a lot of misinformation out there on the triggering and relearn procedures.

Easiest way is to learn the re-learn procedure and let some air out to trigger them. And the great part is this is the cheapest and fastest too!
stackz

pretty long time responding to this thread but just wanted to update everyone.

I ended up tracking down the master tech from the old suzuki dealership who still had all the tools and was working at another dealership.

the aftermarket sensor I bought had much stronger battery strength than the other older sensors. also, another sensor was failing. the failing sensor (which was only identified by the factory scanner...even had a goofy message show up the dash as a result) and the newer sensor were causing all kinds of havok with the relearn.

he had to remove all the wheels from the car on a list and go around the car one wheel at a time with the rest of the wheels farther away to stop the signals from crossing up with each other.

anyway, just fyi. I would have never gotten it fixed myself as I just didnt know to do that.
bootymac

Thanks for the update! Good to know about potential problems

PS: what happened to Samir?
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Thanks for the update! Good to know about potential problems

I was wondering that too.
My guess is that he's either on vacation and/or in India. The guy also is heavily involved in other automotive forums (he's an admin of one) so maybe he's busy with that?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

stackz wrote:pretty long time responding to this thread but just wanted to update everyone.

I ended up tracking down the master tech from the old suzuki dealership who still had all the tools and was working at another dealership.

the aftermarket sensor I bought had much stronger battery strength than the other older sensors. also, another sensor was failing. the failing sensor (which was only identified by the factory scanner...even had a goofy message show up the dash as a result) and the newer sensor were causing all kinds of havok with the relearn.

he had to remove all the wheels from the car on a list and go around the car one wheel at a time with the rest of the wheels farther away to stop the signals from crossing up with each other.

anyway, just fyi. I would have never gotten it fixed myself as I just didnt know to do that.
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Interesting that an aftermarket sensor didn't play well with the factory ones. Score one more for just going with Suzuki parts to avoid trouble.

KuroNekko wrote:

I was wondering that too.
My guess is that he's either on vacation and/or in India. The guy also is heavily involved in other automotive forums (he's an admin of one) so maybe he's busy with that?
I'm still here, but just haven't been able to get on at all since work has been so crazy. Every time I sit in the Kizashi I think of this place and my friends here. 8-) Just got to get over the hump of work right now before I can work on the car again--needs an oil change bad!
bootymac

Welcome back friend :D
SamirD

bootymac wrote:Welcome back friend :D
Good to see you too! And that funky avatar too! :lol: