New Tire Suggestions

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

twoqttsdad wrote:My OE tires are almost down to the wear bars.

SamirD, how are those Potenza RE 760s holding up?
I dunno, they're sitting in storage. :lol:

The wet traction wasn't so great by the time we put them away for the winter, and I think this is because the inner two ribs are just that--straight ribs--which don't help for water. With the camber set up like it is, the outside contact patch (which seems to have most of the water sipes) doesn't contact as hard as it would in other cars with a more 'flat' camber setup.

But I am very much looking forward to getting them back on the car and tearing up the streets with some 40mph 90 degree turns. I really miss lateral gs. :(
twoqttsdad

Thanks.

Would you say that the tire was more prone to hydroplanning?

How much miles did you log on those?
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

twoqttsdad wrote:Thanks.

Would you say that the tire was more prone to hydroplanning?

How much miles did you log on those?
They were more prone to hydroplaning compared to when they were new. And I almost want to say they were more prone to hydroplaning once worn than even the stock Dunlops.

I think we logged maybe 3-6k on them. But I'm pretty hard on tires and they are super soft, so your results could vary.
twoqttsdad

Purchased a set online at Costco.

245/45R18 100W.

Cheaper to get them there with the $70 instant rebate then at my place.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

twoqttsdad wrote:Purchased a set online at Costco.

245/45R18 100W.

Cheaper to get them there with the $70 instant rebate then at my place.
What did you get?
twoqttsdad

Same as you. Potenza RE760.

Hoping the plus zero size works out well.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

twoqttsdad wrote:Same as you. Potenza RE760.

Hoping the plus zero size works out well.
Nice! Tear up those corners! :drive:
bootymac

I have BFGoodrich gforce super sport A/S on my GTI and wet grip is meh. I have to be gentle in first and second or it's spin city. I sometimes break traction during aggressive starts in the dry too. This is with ~270tq

Will be replacing them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 when the time comes
twoqttsdad

The Potenza RE760 does very well in the corners! They break loose while cornering in the wet easier than the Dunlops, but the sacrifice is well worth the dry handling. I'm running 38 psi all around. Bumping up to 42 psi to see how they behave. The car now needs more power! :lol:
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
Tanshanomi

I just had Pirelli Cinturato P7s installed and I couldn't be happier. More of a grand touring tire than an out-and-out sport tire, but I believe they suit the Kizashi's character very well: good handling while still offering a quiet, smooth ride and decent tread life. Also, reports seem to indicate they're pretty good in snow/icy conditions (for all season tires). In Kansas City, we get just enough ugly weather to need good tires in the winter, but enough dry, warm pavement throughout the winter months to ruin dedicated winter tire compounds very quickly.
2011 GTS Sport 6-Speed • 2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S • 2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1973 Honda CL125S