New Tire Suggestions

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
twoqttsdad

Been a while! Logged about another 5k on the Potenza RE 760s. They still grip very well. I noticed an increase in road noise at around 40 mph. 44 psi is a little too hard for me so I'm running 40 psi all around. I'm very happy with the grip. Now I love to leave muscle cars behind while doing sweeping S turns at 75mph. Especially in a section of road near where I live. They pull ahead of me at the end of the straight then wuss out when the curves come up. All too easy to catch up and pass them. By the time the road straightens out again I'm so far ahead, they don't even try to catch up. Woooohoooo! Love these tires!
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
WIKizashi

I got new tires back in October and went with Nexen N5000 Plus. They are a budget tire at around $90 each but so far they've been great in the snow and rain. I've used TireRack in the past but discovered a different online source called TireBuyer and ordered from them. They offered a $20 off coupon for first time buyers and free shipping to a shop in their network. Also have a pre-negotiated rate with each of their shops, so no surprises. The rate at my local Tires Plus was $68+tax and there tires were there within 2 days.
Tanshanomi

Over the past few weeks, I finally had the chance to drive in snow and sleet with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus‎ tires I bought last summer. I have to say that I was very favorably impressed. The Tire Rack video test of performance all season tires described them as handling well in the dry, having so-so rain grip, but being above average in winter driving. My experience on the Kizashi GTS Sport bears out all their conclusions exactly. For places that get snow, but not regularly enough for dedicated winter tires to make sense, I would highly recommend them.
2011 GTS Sport 6-Speed • 2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S • 2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1973 Honda CL125S
'12Zashi209

LPSISRL wrote:OK, I'll need to replace my factory Dunlops soon. 44k miles and still tread left. But I notice that the car is a little squirrelly when in heavy rain. I bought the car with about 33k miles on it so I don't know what new tires feel or sound like. I have nothing to compare except for a test drive on a GTS with about 8k miles on it about a year ago which really doesn't help. I don't really push the car but I would like some tires that are pretty grippy but smooth and quiet. I live in SE Virginia so snow is not an issue. Except for this winter... :? So some advice on some tires would be greatly appreciated here.
Thanks!
Tim
I just p/u some 255/40/r18 continental DWS 06. I love them, look sporty and have good performance, not a lot of noise either. DWS stands for Dry Wet Snow, they're rated for all these cpnditions and still a 60k mile (not Km) tire. It all depends how much you want to spend, I dropped close to $1000 USD. I think it was like $989 or something like that.