USB bluetooth adapter idea

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dmitche

Today I got this idea of buying a bluetooth USB port to put into the port and play music off my phone via this product: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish- ... Id=8820886

Has anyone bought something like this before for their Kizashi, and if so, has it worked?
KuroNekko

dmitche wrote:Today I got this idea of buying a bluetooth USB port to put into the port and play music off my phone via this product: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish- ... Id=8820886

Has anyone bought something like this before for their Kizashi, and if so, has it worked?
I take it that you don't have the Bluetooth audio like my car. I have no idea if your proposed idea will work, but I just want to let you know that even while the Bluetooth audio works well, the sound quality is not as good as plugging it in directly with the USB cable. The audio is noticeably crisper and the bass is much deeper. Unless you really want streaming audio from Pandora, iTunes radio, etc., I would recommend just having a USB device directly connected via a cable or a flashdrive in the USB port.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dmitche

I already have a flashdrive in the usb now but it's a pain to take it in and out to download new songs. But if it's going jepordize the song quality...maybe I won't.
Wonson92

I don't believe it will work (though I could be wrong). The stereo needs the folder system or whatever its called thats transferred from the usb where as the bluetooth is only playing the audio? (computer whiz help me out here) I tried the same thing with my home stereo and it didn't work
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
SamirD

Wonson92 wrote:I don't believe it will work (though I could be wrong). The stereo needs the folder system or whatever its called thats transferred from the usb where as the bluetooth is only playing the audio? (computer whiz help me out here) I tried the same thing with my home stereo and it didn't work
A USB flash drive is basically emulating a hard drive, typically with a FAT file system of some sort. The head unit has some microcode that allows it to read the file system and recognize the flash drive.

A bluetooth adapter is analogous to a wireless cable that requires drivers. So while the wireless bridges the gap between the adapter and a bluetooth device pretty seamlessly, the adapter itself needs a driver to communicate with the head unit--and (you guessed it) head units are pre-loaded with bluetooth drivers in their microcode. Probably something that could be done, but there's probably a lot of different devices out there and loading 64mb of drivers on the head unit wouldn't make sense.
dmitche

Thank you all for the input. i wound up getting an 8 gig flash drive and using that.