Something running when car is off?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ProMarinero

I was out by my car and noticed it was making a noise when it was off. It sounded like the fuel pump was running. :shock: I have a 2012 SLS AWD.

I crawled underneath and poked around until I found the source. There is a black box mounted under the trunk. On the left side of the box there is some sort of module attached. The noise was coming from it.

I've been searching the parts fiche for a diagram showing what it would be but I'm striking out. Does anyone have an idea what this could possibly be? So far no issues but I would hate to come back to a dead battery - plus I want to know what my car is doing.

Sorry about the lame description. Next time it's up on the lift I'll take a picture.
bootymac

It's normal. From the owner's manual:

LEAK DETECTION PUMP

Your vehicle has a pump to regularly check the vehicle's evaporative emission control system for leaks. This check is performed approximately 5 hours after the engine is turned off. During this leak check, you may hear a sound coming from the vehicle for several minutes. This sound is normal and does not indicate a malfunction.
LPSISRL

I noticed a sound one time too. It wasn't the whine like the fuel pump, but a buzzing noise from in between the rear wheels. I started the car and after I turned if off, it stopped. Looking back, it was about 5 hours after I had parked the car at work. Thanks for the explanation. I was going to post about it but forgot.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
SamirD

Good to know! I would be freaking out a bit too if I hard this and didn't know about it.
ProMarinero

bootymac wrote:It's normal. From the owner's manual:

LEAK DETECTION PUMP

Your vehicle has a pump to regularly check the vehicle's evaporative emission control system for leaks. This check is performed approximately 5 hours after the engine is turned off. During this leak check, you may hear a sound coming from the vehicle for several minutes. This sound is normal and does not indicate a malfunction.
Ah... Thanks. A little owner's manual reading goes a long way. Sorry you had to do my research. :?
bootymac

No worries, I had the same concerns the first time I heard it :lol:
Sluggo

New Subaru Impreza does the same exact thing.