My Transmission Went Out!!!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KizAnnshi

I bought my 2010 Kizzy in April and it is awesome....handles nice....great gas mileage......looks cool! On my first "road trip" four hours from my home through the mountains.....my car with only 6000 miles on it....lost all power and the transmission light came on. I did not push it hard....it is CVT and I used the cruise control to stay within the speed limit.

Anyway I had to have it towed to my destination (roadside assistance was awesome and make that happen within a half hour) but I have to wait to find out what happened as the service center in that town was not open on Saturdays. Will keep you all posted.

Don't break down on the weekend or you will have to pay up front for services other than towing and ask Suzuki for reimbursement later - THAT part of customer service is only open Monday through Friday. Also if you are more than 44 miles from home you have to get your car repaired wherever you are because towing is only up to 44 miles. Don't know where that number comes from. Arrrrggghhh!
SX4toKizashi

The exact same thing happened to me while using Cruise control but I still managed to drive the car to my destination and back in manual mode. Did you try turning the engine off and on again and then drive in manual mode?

For me the issue kind of fixed itself after a while but I still brought it to the dealer for inspection and they upgraded the ECU software which they claimed fixes/prevents this problem from happening again.
Took the car again for 800KM drive yesterday and problem never happened so I guess ECU SW upgrade did fix the problem.

So yeah, keep us posted.

Check this thread:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=12&t=286
Sarahlu03

HELP!!!!!! Same thing just happened to me! I was on a trip to FL and i live in IN i made it almost to TN and I had cruise control on and then all of the sudden I had to floor it and nothing happened.... RMPs rose but NOOO power! I sat on side of road for 3 hours! but finally got it towed to dealership here in Lousiville, KY waiting till it opens to see whats up! I will keep you posted... but I bought my car litterally 1 month ago, it currently has 1,148 miles on it! Towing was great I was 78 miles from dealerhsip, but they covered it because of the 36 month 36,000 mile thing. Which is a plus, I just really hope customer service will reinburse for hotel room! I was planning on sleeping in car not in a hotel! They should since it was their fault basicaly that my car BROKE!!!
Let you know whats up tomorrow!
TheHolyGhost

Sorry, Sarah, best of luck. Let us know what happens.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
metatrox

This Is horrible. Please keep us updated.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Moto
Site Admin

Not good.

I wish you luck.
lookin

if i remember correctly the ecu flash was to fix this problem goodluck
gaww

lookin wrote:if i remember correctly the ecu flash was to fix this problem goodluck
You are right lookin - this was the only fix in the ECU reprogram (unfortunately it did NOT address the overall performance curve).

For anyone reading this and has this happen to them, I suggest trying the "turn the cruse control off and turn the ignition of and back onf" to see if this gets you going. Then do not use the cruse control until you get the ECU recall done.

If this does not work, you might also try removing the negative battery terminal and reconnect it. This has cleared up computer bugs for me in other vehicles, and you will not mess anything up trying it.
lookin

but gaww my car does feel better after the flash ....but you know im not buying the whole lag thing anyway i do know my car runs and im not into peeling but to each his own
gaww

lookin wrote:but gaww my car does feel better after the flash ....but you know im not buying the whole lag thing anyway i do know my car runs and im not into peeling but to each his own
We are a little off topic here, but I am not into peeling either, but do have the need to occasionally merge quickly into traffic or get out of the way of some. But compared to the transmission quitting - the lag is a small item. The posters who have had it go out are lucky they were able to get safely off the road.

Has anyone had this happen AFTER they got the CVT program done? If so, then it will take on a different dimension - whereby it could randomly still happen to anyone and the issue would not have been fixed.

I am hoping the answer to the above is no for everyone's sake.