Grinding noise

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
khaner

Recently I am experiencing a grinding noise when braking as well as when slowly accelerating from a stop until reaching around 12-15 mph. Do I just need to change my brake pads or would this be something else? I have a 2010 Kizashi with roughly 41k miles. Thank you!
murcod

Do you get it serviced regularly? The brakes should be checked when they do the service.
David
khaner

Thanks for the reply, the last time I had the brakes checked was in October. They did not mention anything about needing them serviced. I'm sure they are about due but was/am concerned if it'd be something more if the grinding continues while accelerating slowly.
bootymac

Other members have had issues with the rear calipers sticking due to rust. I'd start there
KuroNekko

Sounds to me that the brake pads are near the end of their lifespan.
Don't our pads have "squealers"? I don't know for certain as I've yet to service my brakes. These are little metal tabs on the brake pads that contact the rotor when the pad is below a threshold in thickness. They are intended to make an annoying noise (sometimes grinding noise) which then prompts the owner to get their brakes checked for the replacement of the pads.

Stick a smart phone in your wheel and take photos of the brake pads. See how much you have left. It sounds to me your pads are near gone and if that's the case, you'll hear this noise even when the brakes are not engaged.

Here's how to check them with a smart phone like I once did:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 4&start=10
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)